AT LAST - Test Results finally In !!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

AT LAST - Test Results finally In !!!! AT LAST - Test Results finally In !!!!

Unread 11-28-2003, 03:55 AM
AT LAST - Test Results finally In !!!!

Hi Guys

Don't know the exact results just yet (waiting for my GYN to call me!) but just spoken to his secretary and they are definately in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy !!!!!!!!!!

His secretary told me that the Oestrogen was high and that all the other levels show that I am menopausal ..... and they are all over the shop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So celebrate - I'm not imagining these horrific menopausal symptoms !!!

I'll come and tell you what the Gyn says later on ... just going off to the gym to celebrate LOL

Toni xxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2003, 04:08 AM

Hey Toni,

Im glad to hear you got your results and now know what was going on ... Its got to be a huge relief to know.

I imagine my uterus and cervix were sent to pathology after my TVH, but I havent heard anything yet.

I had a biopsy a couple of months ago that came back negative for cancer and my last pap smear a few months before that came back normal but Im still pretty nervous to get the ultimate findings after the fact.

They try and tell us we are too young to be going through the beginnings of menopause but it happens more often than we probably know. I just turned 40 a few months ago and figured I must be peri menopausal but the Drs insisted I was too young... HA! Maybe I wasnt peri.. but its obvious that young women can and DO go through Menopause earlier than they are expected to.

Im rambling now... I am having a sleepless night as you have been having... Im 11 days post op.. and have had night time sleeping problems for MONTHS now.. the only difference now is that since my hysty I have not felt the need to nap during the day! Im very happy about that!! More energy already.

It was Thanksgiving here in the States... the huge meal didnt help either. While most people fall asleep after eating turkey... I turn into a mass of gas and cant sleep!

Have a good day at the gym ...
Unread 11-28-2003, 08:38 AM

Yeah Toni :

Great news.. you are NOT crazy afterall!!! ha ha

Well maybe just a wee bit.... kiddin.....

Can't wait to hear what the Dr has in store for you... gotta get better now!

Gym?

I'm jealous.....

Oni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2003, 11:41 AM

Hi Oni

My GYN still hasn't phoned me back aaaaaaarrghhhh - but whats another day LOL !!!! I do know that he was operating today .. thats probably why !

Well, I went a bit mad this morning, I went to the gym & did my workout, then ... I did my first post-op aerobics class and then (not satisfied!) I went on and did a Pilates class - I came home & collapsed in a heap for 2 hours - guess I just really overdid it (but was feeling brilliant LOL!) I definately won't be doing that again .... But I wonder if I can't take that much exercise how on earth will I get on skiing in 3 weeks ???

Also swelly belly is bigger than ever now .. LOL !!!

Oh well - if I didn't laugh I'd cry !!!

Toni xxxxxxxx
Unread 11-28-2003, 12:14 PM

YAY TONI!!!!

I know you must be ecstatic....at least they can work on fixing the hormonal imbalance now!!! I'm so happy for you....let us know what you find out

Love, Karin
Unread 11-28-2003, 12:20 PM
I'm confused ...

Menopause is low estrogen, not high estrogen. If you are making too much estrogen, you can't be in menopause ...

Just research and make sure these people know what they are doing, because the number of GYN's out there who don't know what they should about women's hormones is something terrible!
Unread 11-28-2003, 02:10 PM

Hi Sereine2000

My GYN is brilliant - and yep, I am researching this stuff ... my test results show that my oestradial results wer really really high, but all the other results were all over the show - I don't know why or what yet because I haven't spoken to my GYN (this information was just from his wife - his secretary - but in her words 'they really don't look normal, & I'm going to get him to look at them & call you') I don't mind her giving me this information (I needed some - trust me, I've been waiting for 2 weeks for these results LOL - the castle have only just forwarded them on).

I am presuming that the high oestradial is because I am on a very high dose of oestrogen HRT (through a patch) - but I'm puzzled to why all the others show menopause (I though HRT was meant to equate the balance?!?!) Anyway until I speak to my GYN, & he sorts me out .. I will cotinue to suffer the teenage acne, greasy hair, insomnia, hot flashes, lactation, night sweats, itching all over, rash all over my butt (cos I'm wearing so many patches!) and mood swings, which my DH & DS believe have turned me into a witch (nice at times .. but with a health warning of MODD CAN CHANGE AT ANYTIME ... BEWARE!) .. as you can see I've just about HAD ENOUGH LOL !!!! But at least my sense of humour is still intact ......

oh nearly forgot .. the good things about this hormone imbalance ... my hair looks fantastic (loads of people have asked me what I have done with it LOL ... answer NOTHING !!!)

Love Toni xxxxxx
Unread 11-28-2003, 02:57 PM

Hi Toni

If you're only on estrogen then technically it's ERT, not HRT. With HRT you're getting some of all the other hormones too.

Have you been over to the hormone jungle? They can explain ERT and HRT to you. And can possibly help explain the results of your tests.

Best wishes!
Unread 11-28-2003, 03:24 PM

Yes I've been over to the hormone jungle - my Oestrogen patches have always been referred to as HRT - I thought I had read somewhere that they could be known as HRT or ERT (although ERT is specifically oestrogen only - Incidentally - I've never heard this term used in the UK .. but I will check my mims when I get back to work).

When I get the exact results I will ask on the Jungle and become a again .. swinging from tree to tree trying to find answers

Thanks for your help !

Love Toni
Unread 11-30-2003, 12:25 PM

That sounds wild. I feel so sorry for you!!

At least if the problem is too many patches it is easily solved. I wonder if with the acne and grease perhaps you have too many androgens as well?

Hopefully they can untangle the mess and get it solved.

Good luck!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register