Soft Drinks | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-30-2003, 11:15 PM
Soft Drinks

Hello Sisters,

As soon as I came out of recovery the first thing I got was a big bottle of diet 7 Up. I was SO thirsty!!

Now almost 2 weeks post op... I find I am drinking more coffee and soft drinks than anything. I just had my son get me a big cup of ice water... but am I getting enough "Water" in the diet sodas and coffee?

Thanks in Advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2003, 12:00 AM
Soft Drinks

It has always been my understanding that coffee, tea and soft drinks do not count as part of your water intake needs. In fact, you need an EXTRA glass of water to balance the diuretic effect of those drinks - an extra glass of water for each cup of coffee or soft drink. You need at least 8 glasses of water in addition to whatever else you drink. More if you are sweating alot from heat or exercise. It can really add up
Unread 12-01-2003, 12:35 AM
Soft Drinks

Thanks...

It would help SO much if the water around here didnt taste HORRIBLE. I noticed the past couple of weeks our water tastes terrible. Its really cloudy coming out of the faucets too. My friend noticed that in her house as well.. I guess they (the water people) must have done something to purify the water... it didnt work.. LOL

Thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2003, 12:40 AM
Soft Drinks

You need good water... get a decent countertop water purifier. If you get the type that attaches to the faucet you will spend too much in the long run on replacement cartridges. A counter top (dome type) unit with a thin tube that attaches to the faucet is more cost effective in the long run. I did tons of research on these on the web a couple of years ago and found something that I am happy with.
Unread 12-01-2003, 12:43 AM
Soft Drinks

What an excellent idea.

I have looked at some of the ones that attach to the faucet but have yet to consider one... but now I think I will.

I have a water dispenser on my freezer door, but the filter in that pooped out and I havent gotten a replacement filter for that either. My ice tastes really bad as well.

I will be sending hubby out to Home Depot tomrrow to look at water purifiers

Thanks!!
Unread 12-01-2003, 12:54 AM
Soft Drinks

If you aren't happy with the selection at Home Depot, you can order online. Here is mine... it's the white one on the page. Keep in mind that you will not have to replace the filter for a very long time. Some of the ones that are like a bulb that attaches to the faucet have to be replaced very frequently. I have had this one for 2 years now and have had other similar ones thru the years. Each time technology had changed enough that I felt that what I got was better than the one before.

http://www.cuzn.com/cuzn_countertop_ct101sc.html

If you surf around that site a bit you can read how it all works.
Unread 12-01-2003, 02:03 AM
Soft Drinks

Thanks alot for that URL. I checked them out... very nice looking

I will surf around and check stuff out and decide from there. I hope to get one real soon. I do like drinking water.. but the way its been tasting lately is pretty nasty. Maybe the recent rains have something to do with it.. stirring up the scum off the bottom kind of thing.. who knows.. LOL

Thanks
Unread 12-01-2003, 09:34 AM
Soft Drinks

I use the Brita filter that attaches to my faucet and have been very happy with it. The replacement filter cost about $20 and I only have to replace it about once every 3 months. And we use a lot of filtered water here. I even use filtered water for the animals. Hey, if it tastes bad to me, I'm sure it does for them too.
Unread 12-01-2003, 10:02 AM
Hi,

I drink coffee and a lot of diet Pepsi and I was told by my DR that wasn't good enough I had to have water too. Started drinking more water after surgery as it helped. Love, ((((STITCHER))))
Unread 12-01-2003, 11:46 AM
Soft Drinks

I will have to say that I have always been a big water drinker. After surgery, water did not taste right for about 4 weeks. I was already using bottled water so even looked into changing companies. Before I could do that, bingo, the water went back to tasting just fine.

I think that the surgery had my taste buds off for a while! Surgery sure does mess you up for a while! I found that I needed to waite a bit before I made any changes because I could not trust my feelings, taste or anytrhing else for at least 4 weeks after surgery.

Tracey

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register