I feel weird... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I feel weird... I feel weird...

Unread 12-06-2003, 03:12 AM
i feel weird

Chandra...if you ever had a c-section..the pain is exactly like that...and they do give you excellent meds<cause you won't be nursing>......if you get uncomfortable beyond mangement TELL YOUR NURSES..they will contact your doc and let him know...if your are susceptible to nausea..tell your anesthetist pre-op..and they will make sure your given something for that... everyones ability to handle pain is different..but trust me girl..if you can do through childbirth , natural or otherwise..this isn't much different..<i Did both..had c-section first with DD..and Natural..i MEAN natural <no druggies at all..happened to quick! with my son> so do not worrie overmuch about that..concentrate on getting well!..be at peace...hopes and prayers...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2003, 10:35 AM
I feel weird...

I had 3 births....all totally natural, the first not by choice, the last two I chose not to even try to want meds. I am allergic to sooooo many. Bad thing, broke tailbone with last two...ugh....I can handle it if its not worse. But then again, labor at least gives you a treasure for the pain....~sighs~ I am getting better about the fear factor. I have been taking lessons in relaxation and visualization from a little cambodian woman. expanding inner peace, and all that jazz. Hopefully this will help too. Especially with the mental part. Well have to run for now...bedtime for me
Unread 12-06-2003, 10:53 AM
am scared

[list=a][/list=a] bedtime? what's that? LOL..am 3 weeks post-op and sleep is erratic to say the least..hope it ends soon.. am glad your doing meditation..went to an energy healer 2 days before my surgery..she's also a good friend.hmmm perhaps I shouls see her now!..anyhoo..Peace and love..shzoo]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2003, 05:52 PM
I feel weird...

Chandra, glad your are trying something to relax mentally. Please talk with your doc and the A person ahead of time re your med allergies; there are so many options out there, they should be able to find the right meds for you. Pls keep writing and we will do our best to help. Hugs, peggiesue
Unread 12-10-2003, 11:24 AM
A word about pain ...

About 14 years ago I had an appendectomy where they found that my appendix had fused to my right ovary and they could not do it the traditional way. I ended up with a bikini cut.

Now I have another bikini cut above the first one.

The first time they managed pain with shots of Demerol in the butt every 4 hours or so. I slept a LOT. I'd get very ouchy when it wore off and have to ask for some more. This past time I got the PCA with the morphine control button.

The first surgery I read my chart which said I woke up in the recovery room in pain. I don't have any memory of it however. This surgery I can say I was pretty comfortable waking up in the recovery room and after. Yeah, you know you've had something done, but I have had back spasms and menstrual cramps that were so bad I vomited before, and gall bladder attacks that kept me up all night in excruciating pain. I would rather have a hysterectomy any day than have those again.

I would say that I was sore, but not so sore I couldn't move myself into my own hospital bed without assistance from the nurses, or get up and walk on my own after they took the urinary catheter out. Yeah, it's uncomfortable, but nothing like that gall bladder and back stuff.

I think you are going to be OK.
Unread 12-15-2003, 06:09 AM
Been 2 weeks today!

Well, today I am going for my 2 week post op check up. I too was soooooo scared of the surgery and what to expect afterwards. I just decided I had to leave it in the hands of my higher power. I felt a lot better once I turned it over to HIM. Now, let me tell you..I never even had stiches or a broken bone in my life. I consider myself a HUGE wimp when it comes to pain. I had surgery on Dec 1st...the next day I was hauling butt down the corrider with my IV. I was released on Wed (rt after lunch!). I too had the bikini cut. I had some definate pain, but truely nothing I couldnt handle. I had the morphine drip 1 day and went to percocet 2 every 4 hours. The pain is defin manageable and I feel GREAT!

I am 33 and have no children. I was not bothered by losing my plumbing, as I have always had problems with pain, cysts, annoreah, and possible cancer (NO CANCER! HOORAY!!!!).

Just be sure to take extra special care of yourself. My mom was here for 10 days after surgery, and I have been on my own since. I took advantage of the time she was here, because I knew I needed to be top notch for when she left. I defin do not want complications, and altough a little stir crazy, I would rather do it right the first time. I really do feel wonderful and expect great news from the Dr today..I will let you all know. Thanks for all your support and I hope this post helps a little.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register