Bladder Tumors are Back | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bladder Tumors are Back Bladder Tumors are Back

Unread 12-01-2003, 06:27 PM
Bladder Tumors are Back

Hi
I was diagnosed with superficial bladder cancer Jan 2003, had two tumors removed cancer early stages followed by 6 BCG treatments, after treatments urologist did scope and found two more tumors which he removed when I had my hyst in June endometial cancer stage1A. I then had 3 BCG treatments and todayI had my bladder scope again two more tumors going in for sugery after the first of the year. Urologist is also having CT scan again and blood work to check my kidneys, liver and I may be having gallbladder problems to boot.

Needless to say I'm discouraged. By the way BCG treatments (live virus inserted in the bladder to activate immune systems so that tumors will not attach to bladder wall) unfortunaly this is not working and I had such a bad reaction to the last set of treatments some of you may remember you gave me the encouragement I needed to go for the last treatment. Iam grateful for your encouraging words and that I did gt that last treatment or I would think it was because I didn't keep appt. Urologist said will try another type ofmedication if necessary after surgery.

":"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2003, 07:05 PM
Darn!

I hope that your 2004 surgery is successful and can get rid of this once and for all. I have a suggestion: although she won't be "on" for two weeks, on Saturday night at 8 p.m. Central time there is a chat on ivillage.com that is hostessed by a woman who has had the BCG treatments for her bladder cancer. She is young and frustrated she doesn't have contact with other younger and female survivors. She'll be back the 20th I believe. If you're not familiar with ivillage.com, you join but no spam. Click on "health" on main page and then when you hit the health area, scroll down and on left side you'll see "chats" and on Saturday at 8 Central it'll direct you from there. Meanwhile, a for you.
Unread 12-01-2003, 08:50 PM
Bladder Tumors are Back

I'm sorry to hear of your struggle with these tumors. These doctors may not have all the answers but they've got a lot of tools up their sleeves and are developing new ones every day. Perhaps it's just a matter of finding the right one for you.

It sounds like they're keeping a close watch on you.

God bless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2003, 10:54 PM
Bladder Tumors are Back

you sure have been on a hard road. i hope they find a way to get rid of these tumors for good. I don't have bladder cancer, but my tumors surrounded the bladder. Have they considered chemo?
you are in my paryers.. Hang in there.
Unread 12-02-2003, 03:58 PM
Bladder Tumors are Back

Thank you all so much for your up beat attitudes and your suggestions. When you feel down in the dumps you ladies are sure right there for words of encouragement.

Margaret thanks for your info on ivillage.com I hope I can remember I would like to make contact.

Positive I'm trying

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register