went to pyhsical therapy today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

went to pyhsical therapy today went to pyhsical therapy today

Unread 12-01-2003, 07:25 PM
went to pyhsical therapy today

My dr sent me to a physical therapist for my back problems and he said that my pelvic muscles were [out of whack basically]from so many surgeries and that was making my back and abdomen hurt. I still am in so much pain that I can't sit up or stand for very long at a time.He wants me to do strengthening exercises 3 times a day, and come back to him about 2 times a week. I have been having this pain now going on a month and it isn't getting any better. I am still on medical leave from work until friday. My boss called and left me a message today, wants me to come in on friday for a meeting with him, I am afraid that I am going to lose my job. I have only worked 2 weeks[and that was only a couple of days each week] since July 7,03. but if I can't work I can't work! My dbf said that I didn't have to go back if I didn't want to. He would take care of me.He has just been wonderful through all this.I am surprised actually that they haven't laid me off already. They have been paying my insurance this whole time.I don't even have to pay any premiums on it. Only the deductibles. whatever happens, happens. :candy: I hope all of you had a nice Thanksgiving,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2003, 08:20 PM

Oh (((Sweetie)))) Sounds like you're really having a hard time right now... and to have the stress about the job can't be helping things any.

I do hope that the physical therapy turns out to be the answer for you. I know that my pelvic muscles are extremely weak from the strain of delivering two rather large babies... and carrying that huge fibroid around didn't help matters any Physical therapy has been helping me.

Sending lots of s your way. I'm so happy that your DBF is so supportive. What and
Unread 12-01-2003, 08:29 PM

I think so, too. I think I'll keep him!!Well I have been sitting here longer than I should have starting to hurt more again, I had better get to bed. Thanks for the repliy. I am going to see my uro tomorrow, I am afriad that my IC may be part of the culprit, too. I thought that I didn't have it there for awile, I started eating normally again and it didn't bother me, I am going to have her check and see if that might be what it is. Have a good night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2003, 03:19 PM

I am back now. I told the dr to do a urine test last week and she asked me did it burn when I went to pee and I told her no, so she said well you don,t have a bladder infection then cause it would hurt or burn, so she said that it was all in my back. When I saw my URO today she did the test and guess what? I HAVE A BLADDER INFECTION!!!! She said," Your urine looks terrible!" I told her about the other dr not doing the test after I told her to check and see if that was what it was, and then she said "well you should have went to the pee pee dr to start with. She is so funny! I am glad to find out that was what is, she put me on some antibiotics for a week, hopefully that will clear it up. Thanks for all the replies. Hope all of you are doing good today. I also talked to my boss today instead of waiting until friday and sure enough he gave me a pink slip. He told me to check back with them when I felt better maybe around Feb, so it is only a temporary lay off, but that means no benefits-insurance unless I want to pay the premiums on it. I am going to HRS tomorrow to see if I can get my Tenncare ins back since I am not working anymore, I really can't afford to be with out ins right now.
Unread 12-02-2003, 05:03 PM

Dear Patticake,

I hope the meds work for you bladder infection. I am sorry to hear that you were layed off.... hopefully things work out OK for you.

When I went to the Mayo clinic recently regarding my continuing pelvic pain problems one of the first things the Gyn asked me was if anyone had ever checked my back.... I have had an MRI on my back a few years ago so that satisified him for now but he did say that some cases of continuing pelvic pain are from lower back problems (like degenerative disk disease). So I wasn't sure if you had your back checked or not, but if not, it would be worth ruling it out/in as a problem since you are continuing to have so much pain.

Please keep us posted.

Sarah
Unread 12-02-2003, 06:09 PM

The only tests that I had done on my back were exrays and then I had the pelvic ultrasound done. As for the job situation, I expected they were going to lay me off, the were really good to me through all of this, I am still invited to come to the Christmas party they are having. My dd works there too and she knows everyone,she doesn't meet any strangers.She said that she was going to tell the main boss that he had better let me come or else.LOL I have the option of going back in Feb if I am better, but I think I might try to find something that is not as pyhsically hard on me. I hate to admit it, but I am not as young as I use to be, certainly not as in as good shape. but that's ok my dbf loves me the way I am.
Unread 12-02-2003, 06:12 PM

Dear Patticake...

I am so glad you have a wonderful DBF!...and it sounds like a wonderful DD too.

Regarding the back stuff... the Mayo Gyn had said an MRI was the test needed to detect the type of problems that might cause pelvic pain issues... just in case you wanted to followup on that.

Sarah
Unread 12-02-2003, 10:05 PM

Dear Patticake,

I am sorry about your job but you sound like you are taking it so well! And have a wonderful support system around you.

I hope you are still going to do your physical therapy? I do a pool arthritis class at the hospital -- we do gentle stretches in warm water, and a friend of mine with back trouble said it has been a life-saver for her -- really helped her strength, flexibility and quality of life. For me, it makes a huge difference in my joint pain and ability to do almost everything. They also do pool therapy here one on one, and that was a great way to start. It isn't as strenuous as water aerobics and the water is warm (97 degrees). It takes so much pressure off your back to stretch in the water.

Thank you for your inspiring attitude!
With love and light,
Loretta

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register