Rectocele .. What Does It Feel Like? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Rectocele .. What Does It Feel Like? Rectocele .. What Does It Feel Like?

Unread 12-02-2003, 07:24 AM
Rectocele .. What Does It Feel Like?

Excuse the blunt remark: felt something in vagina .. cervix is gone, what is it???

For those that have had a Rectocele, what does it feel like?

Anyone know what this bumpy/lumpy feeling is in my vagina? Right at the entrance of the vaginal canal.

Any info would be greatly appreciated! Off to do some research.

Amy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2003, 01:50 PM

I had both and I had that bumpy lumpy thing right at the entrance it turned out to me my bladder I took a mirror and could see it also I saw my urethra tube right next to it, i had the rectocele but didnt feel any6thing but doctor put fingers up there while I stood up and my muscles wouldnt hold so he called it rectocele, I do know al and all I had uterine prolapse that takes everything else down with it, thats why I had the Tah and rectocele and cyctocele all at once.
Unread 12-02-2003, 03:44 PM

((Amy)),
I was recently dx'd w/ a vaginal vault Prolapse...it has caused the other stuff to come down as well I have that *something in the vagina* feeling, when having BM's, I have a bulge at the entrance of my Vagina, trouble having BM's, low-back pain, several UTI's...
My PCP referred me to a Uro-Gyn who confirmed his diagnosis<sigh>
There is some excellent info on the boards about this: symptoms, diagnosis, treatment options...here are a few links to them. I would try the search feature as well...it will bring up many threads containing info from others experience on this:

Resources thread on Rectocele

Quote:
Patients with rectocele often present with feelings of pelvic pressure, a sensation of "bearing-down," or a perception that something is "falling out." Symptoms often are accentuated by standing and lifting and relieved by lying down. Symptoms directly related to the prolapse include the sensation of a mass or bulge in the vagina, pelvic pressure and pain, low back pain, and difficulty with intravaginal intercourse. Symptoms directly related to rectocele include problematic defecation, inability to completely evacuate the distal rectum without straining, and constipation
Rectocele symptoms
Good Luck ((Amy)) w/ finding some answers to what is going on Pls call your Dr & let him know what you are experiencing...((((((((hugs)))))))))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2003, 03:58 PM

RECTOCELE- THE OPERATION ITSELF WITH MY TAH AND CYCTOCEL, WELL THE RECTUM FEELS TIGHT AND THERE ARE STITCHES OUTSIDE, I DIDNT HAVE ANY TROUBLY WITH BM AFTER THE OP EVEN THOUGH i WAS REAL SCARED, IT STILL IS SORE LESS SWOLLEN THAN IT WAS AND WHEN i STAND TO LONG ALOT OF PRESSURE AND THE STITCHES GET TIGHTER THAT IS WHY i RECOMMEND THE SITZ BATH IT JUST FITS INSIDE YOUR TOILET AND YOPU PUT WARM WATER AND SIT ON IT FOR ABOUT 15 MINUTES THREE TIOMES A DAY, IF YOU WERE REFERRING TO HOW IT FELT PRIOR TO OP i DIDNT FEEL A DIFFERENCE i HAD MY BLADDER POKING OUT SO i CONCENTRATED MORE ON THAT THAN ANYTHING ELSE.
Unread 12-03-2003, 07:58 AM

Thanks ladies!

Had my bladder sling surgery done Nov 02. Hadn't been having any problems in that area other than spasms (which doc gave me Valium for). That has since cleared up.

Do have a problem of not feeling empty when I have a BM. Will get a hold of my GYN when he gets back from vacation and let him know what is going on. Hope I don't need more surgery.

Amy
Unread 12-04-2003, 03:09 AM

((((Amy)))) I'm so sorry you're dealing with yet another issue. Hopefully, it will turn out not to be a rectocele

I had my rectocele repaired at the same time as my hyst. The rectocele was diagnosed after I felt a bulge at the entrance of the vagina. It was just there and would go up if I pushed on it (sorry for the graphics )

I did want to point out that what you're feeling right now might be swelling from the bladder sling surgery, especially if it involved stitches in the vagina and perineum area. I'm mentionning this because, early on after my hyst, I was sure that the repair had failed because I could still feel a very similar bulge at the entrance of the vaginal canal. The bulge turned out to be swelling.

Please let us know what your doctor says and know that your sisters are in your corner.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register