To wait or not to wait- that is the question.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators. is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

To wait or not to wait- that is the question.... To wait or not to wait- that is the question....

Thread Tools
Unread 12-04-2003, 12:43 PM
To wait or not to wait- that is the question....

I am scheduled to see my Dr. on Jan. 5th for a pre-op appointment and to get his opinion as my 2nd (or I guess 3rd opinion). His practitioner is the one that suggested a Hysterectomy with both ovaries removed, and she consulted with one of his partners. She asked if she could go ahead and schedule it with one of his partners- he won't be back from medical leave until Jan. 5th, and I said no, that I really want to get his opinion and he knows my insides better. I have a lot of previous scar tissue, and I think he will know better if I can do it vag. or abd. Meanwhile, I have a 19 day period, try birthcontrol pills and get sick, just short of 2 weeks later have an 8 day period, off 1 day and am on day 8 of another period. I wonder if my cyst has ruptured which is causing this bleeding. Anyway, my husband is having nightmares that I bleed out and died in the middle of the night and says "if I really care about him, I would get this done sooner." I really feel sorry for him. It is also affecting our "romantic" time together. I really want to wait to see my doctor- I do know and trust the others, I work with them some at the castle also, but he knows me the best. Any advice on reassuring my husband? He knows how I feel.
Sponsored Links
Unread 12-04-2003, 01:17 PM
To wait or not to wait- that is the question....

Hrmm.....assuming that you have not done this already, maybe I'm a worry wort, but maybe call up one of the other gyns since you're having the re-occuring periods which might mean that the cyst has ruptured, or get a checkup? If they say that it's still ok to wait, then you can tell that to the DH?
Unread 12-04-2003, 01:42 PM
To wait or not to wait- that is the question....

Could you call your doctor's office and have them book the surgery with him so that you can have it immediately after he gets back? At least then you wouldn't have to wait more once he returns. It sounds like you're going ahead with the surgery either way, and just want to consult with him as to the method used to remove the uterus. That consult could happen even after the OR is booked.... It might help your hubby to know you have a date and things are not so up in the air at least. Might be a good compromise. *hugs*
Sponsored Links
Unread 12-04-2003, 02:54 PM
To wait or not to wait- that is the question....

Thanks for all of your advice. I did try to go ahead and book the OR, but the lady that does the insurance and booking said I needed to have my pre-op visit first. Said that it shouldn't be a problem booking the OR. I did think about calling the office and get them to ultrasound me early. They had originally wanted another u/s on Dec. 23rd, but since that was so close to my appt., they let me do the u/s and pre-op the same day. U/s before pre-op, so he can discuss the method- depending on how big the cyst is.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions

Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
From This Forum From Other Forums
2 Replies, Last Reply 12-11-2010, Started By elizabew
2 Replies, Last Reply 02-15-2009, Started By haileyloki
2 Replies, Last Reply 09-08-2006, Started By sisterpn
6 Replies, Last Reply 03-28-2006, Started By princess75
2 Replies, Last Reply 09-08-2004, Started By BlueRidgeBlue
3 Replies, Last Reply 07-18-2004, Started By hippiechick
8 Replies, Last Reply 03-22-2004, Started By scardey cat
2 Replies, Last Reply 03-15-2004, Started By tweed
3 Replies, Last Reply 07-11-2003, Started By Ronda_Y
4 Replies, Last Reply 02-19-2003, Started By Sassy300
2 Replies, Last Reply 10-28-2002, Started By JudyH
7 Replies, Last Reply 06-24-2001, Started By missbrassygal
12 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
5 Replies, Cancer Concerns - GYN
9 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
6 Replies, Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives
6 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
18 Replies, Cancer Concerns - GYN
10 Replies, The Road Less Traveled
2 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)


Hysterectomy News

October 21,2020


HysterSisters Takes On Partner To Manage Continued Growth And Longevity
I have news that is wonderful and exciting! This week’s migration wasn’t a typical migration - from one set ... News Archive


Calendar - Hysterectomies - Birthdays

Request Information

I am a HysterSister


Featured Story - All Stories - Share Yours


Your Hysterectomy Date

CUSTOMIZE Your Browsing  

$vbulletin->featuredvideos is not an array!