Starting chemo on Monday | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Starting chemo on Monday Starting chemo on Monday

Unread 12-07-2003, 02:14 AM
Starting chemo on Monday

have enod cancer..am starting chemo on monday dec.8th.... taxol and cisplatin I believe...it has spread to the bowel...you ladies are a Godsend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2003, 03:56 PM
Starting chemo on Monday

Good luck to you, Shzoo. Cancer is scary and so is the chemotherapy. But when you consider what it's doing... well, have at it, boys. Kill that cancer, kill, kill!
Unread 12-07-2003, 04:23 PM
Starting chemo on Monday

Shzoo,

We, as women, are stronger than cancer, and chemotherapy is basically just that - chemical therapy.

I bring hot tea and a sandwich to eat with me when I do mine. And last time, I brought one of my favourite books of poetry with me. I thought that I might get a bit more insight into its metaphor then.

All the best.

and a big !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2003, 04:25 PM
Pamper yourself - you deserve it!

I know how you feel, because I have walked down that road. I did chemo for 6 months after my first cancer diagonsis (breast cancer). However, what I would like you to remember is that the house doesn't have to be perfectly clean, there is such a thing as "take out" or delivery, you can ask for a handicap sticker if you need one to use after treatments when your energy is low, you should rent all of the silly movies you can remember (laughter truly is good medicine), and you should surround yourself with family and friends who will encourage and love you. Don't be around any negative people - they only pull you down.

Pamper yourself - a good book, a great nap, CHOCOLATE, a snuggly blanket, whatever makes you happy!

And remember - it is O.K. to say no when asked to do more than you feel you can.

Blessings!
Rene'
Unread 12-07-2003, 04:42 PM
Starting chemo on Monday

Shzoo,

I will pray for you that you have the strength to deal with the chemo. I haven't had cancer but I know I would want prayers to help me through. Prayer is so powerful. By reading that you are starting chemo really makes me put in to perspective in what I am dealing with. Good Luck and God Bless you.
Unread 12-07-2003, 06:03 PM
Best Wishes!

That first chemo was for me the scariest as I was going into the unknown--and I managed just fine and worked full time after #2. My wise words of advice would be: each chemo can and may be different from the one before. You'll learn what's consistent from time to time (fatigue) and what you may have only occasionally. May your chemo go well and knock out any cancer cells still lurking inside there.
Unread 12-07-2003, 06:29 PM
Starting chemo on Monday

Hi Shzoo,

Good luck with your first chemo tomorrow. The first is always the scariest because of the fear of the unknown but the rest will be a snap and before you know it, it will be finished.

Be Strong and let us know how you make out.

Rosalie
Unread 12-07-2003, 07:36 PM
Starting chemo on Monday

Shzoo, I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow.
I have chemo looming ahead of me after finishing the radiation treatments.

When you feel like it, let us know how you are doing....prayers will continue.

Nancy J.
9 rads down, 19 to go
Unread 12-07-2003, 11:13 PM
Starting chemo on Monday

I too will be starting chemo this week... Thursday I hope. Same diagnosis and same treatment regimen I imagine. I want to get a good 2 weeks between the treatment and Christmas. I meet with the oncologist on Wednesday to discuss the course of treatment. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and sending good thoughts your way.

Take care

Limbo
Unread 12-08-2003, 01:42 AM
chemo on monday

thanks you guys..i feel so moved by your caring..and none of us have met...most encouraging Margaret that you were able to return to work after second treatment..I miss work and my "normal" life ...I'll definitely let you ladies know...and I have a wonderful family that will take care of me...even if the dust bunies are piling up.. ..................I love this site..and all of you ladies in it have been a Godsend

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register