How long to get pathology results, usually... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How long to get pathology results, usually... How long to get pathology results, usually...

Unread 12-10-2003, 08:16 AM
How long to get pathology results, usually...

I had a biopsy taken of a large cyst removed from my left ovary last Monday and of some blood tinged fluid in my abdomen. It has been 9 days, how long does it usually take...I am getting rather anxious....just curious how long it took for others to get their results...
Thanks.
Ericka
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2003, 09:45 AM

Call your Doctor and ask if the report is in yet. Mine have taken a week both times - but once I waited longer and it turned out they were there and had been lost in the shuffle of Dr office busyness.
I am putting off calling about another biopsy right now. (Dr is gone but asked me to call.) I don't know why I'm putting it off - but I am.
And just so you know - waiting is by far the worst part of this whole crazy process.
I think I'll call now... why don't you do the same.
Unread 12-10-2003, 12:11 PM
biopsy results

Mine took 6 days and the office staff said that was about standard. I'd call if it has been nine days and you live in the US. (I understand that it takes longer in Canada.)

Bite the bullet, take a deep breath, and call. Waiting is worse than knowing!

Hugs,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2003, 01:57 PM
patho results

I want to say it took between 7 and 10 days for mine to come back both times. If you are getting antsy, call your doc's office to see if they have results, after all, that's what you're paying for! Best of luck...

Laura
Unread 12-10-2003, 03:35 PM

The Bio on my Uterus took 6 days and the 2 samples taken from the cervix took 2 days but they saw the cancer during the colpo and rushed it.
Unread 12-10-2003, 09:27 PM

Just got the final results today 3 weeks from surgery DR was so surprised they found cancer they sent it for a second opinion and same thing. I am trying to get as much info as possible. Endocarcinoma 8mm into 11mm wall, was referred to oncologist called today to get the ball rolling on followup evaluation.
Unread 12-11-2003, 06:11 AM

Hello
Thank you to all that replied...
I had gone to the doc Monday day night for some bleeding that I was having...as it turned out, they punctured my cervix while clamping it in place during my laparoscopy...lucky me... They didn't have the results when I went it, so I was hesitant to call...I have this thing about being a bug- even though they are getting payed for doing their job....
Anyway, you all pumped me up enough to just go ahead and call...and, boy, am I glad that I did...the results were benign...apparently, I'm having recurring hemorrhagic(?) cysts that are growing out of control and then rupturing and then growing again...it has been going on for a year now, and I've had two laps to try and get to the bottom of it...the first time, they told me (according to what they saw on the us) that I had cancer...only to go in and find absolutely nothing...so, it has been lingering over my head like a big dark cloud ever since...so, now, I have the best Christmas present ever!!!! They might go in and remove that ovary, as the cysts seem to favor the left...but, at least I know that I have something that is not an over all threat to my well being! Thank you so much for urging to just pick up the phone...what a relief!
Thanks a bunch!
Ericka
Unread 12-11-2003, 07:27 AM

Congratulations!!!!!!!
I was faithful to my advice to you and I called, too. (I also hate bugging them!) I am still waiting... My imagination says that that means the Doctor has to call (bad news), but it is probably just that they are not back yet. (Why do we let our fears rule our lives?)
Anyway I am so glad that you have good news!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register