2004 has GOT to get better! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2004 has GOT to get better! 2004 has GOT to get better!

Unread 12-12-2003, 11:24 AM
2004 has GOT to get better!

I will not catch a break, of this I am now sure.... I feel like the clown at the local circus!!! I had a post op UTI from my November Laparoscopy... About a week off the meds I developed bad back pain and urethral spasms.. Went back to gyn, the did a urine check, and there was alot of blood in the urine... Culture came back clear, so they blew me off. Told me to go to my primary doc... Sorry, if I have learned enough in this game, I am going right to my URO. Called him immediately and explained what happend... He had me come in today for a bladder scan and urine flow analysis. Something (Not infection) is causing retention again.... My flow rate was good, but my residual was 275cc.... So I am scheduled for a Kidney ultrasound, and a kidney x-ray to rule out stones. But I am ALSO scheduled for another urethral dilation on the 23rd.. I am just about as low as one can be!!! What a Christmas present..... I thought I was done with the dilations and retention issues.. I guess not! I am really praying 2004 is way better or I will end up in the looney bin!!!!

's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2003, 03:12 PM

Susie
I am sorry to hear that your bladder is still giving you difficulty. I will join you in hoping and ing for a better 2004 for all of us Road warriors!

Unread 12-12-2003, 04:29 PM

{{{{{{{{Susie}}}}}} I am so sorry hun! I thought things were on the mend for you but I guess not. I will keep saying those prayers. 2004 get here quick! Hang in there my friend. I hope the problems can be solved easily, you so deserve a break!

Emily s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2003, 07:48 PM

Susie, I'm with you!!!! I started off 2003 with the pain and heavy periods. Then in May I broke my ankle! Had my hysterectommy in Sept. and then back to the hospital Nov. 30th with Diverticulitis! Spent 6 days in there. Having a colonoscopy Dec. 29th. and this year can't end soon enough! Brenda
Unread 12-13-2003, 08:40 AM

Hi!

I keep saying "I'm going to the funnyfarm" but I guess that's the same as the looney-bin, isn't it!

It's completely ridiculous! The whole thing is just completely WACKO!!!

I'd like to pull the covers up over my head, and wake up when everything is 'back to normal' again. Or rent out my body to somebody who can do this next surgery on my behalf, then return it to me when it's all better!!

I went to see my dad (who had a couple strokes 2 weeks ago) in hospital last night..I started talking to a lady who I thought was being 'festive' in her 'Santa' hat.. She was 'waiting for a friend who was there visiting another sick friend'. We were chatting about the hospital, and what a great facility it is..she said "Well, I just hope and pray that 2004 is better than this year has been".

I was feeling sorry for myself, and mentioned that I'll be starting 2004 with 'corrective bladder repair surgery'. She took off her Santa hat, revealing her bald head & said "I just hope my hair grows back quickly from all that chemo. I had breast cancer, then the chemo caused me to have a heart attack. It's gotta get better". We just stood there, looking at eachother, then started to laugh uncontrollably!!

Life is....well...just life, I guess!!
Unread 12-14-2003, 02:31 PM
AMEN!!!!!

...Pretty much says it all for me, too! We deserve to have a blessed year, starting, oh, now ...

God love the hystersisters, the Road Warriors, and bestow your grace upon them, this day and in the new year. With the coming of your light into the world, and the promise of the light of the sun growing everyday, may each and every sister passing through this website know your touch and grace and love in her life, each in a personal and special way.

With love and light,
Loretta
Unread 12-14-2003, 10:25 PM

Dear sisters,

((((((((Hugs))))))) from me too!! I am adding my prayers that 2004 will be a better year for you dear warriors, and for coping strength for each day. My mom's motto (gyn. cancer survivor): "One day at a time." Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Monalees
Unread 12-14-2003, 11:12 PM
Please get better

Hi SusieQ,
Haven't been on the message boards lately. Sorry to hear that you too are still having a hard time. Before I go any further I want to thank you and tell you how much you helped me out after I left the castle last year. Don't think I could have made it through that time without you and this website. I hope and pray that 2004 is better for you and all the other Road Warriors as I am one too. Still having complications myself. Bladder issues and now scar tissue and adhesions. Still can't have sex:cry:. Send me a private message if you want to touch base.
Unread 12-15-2003, 08:21 AM

Oh Susie:

Being blown off is just the worst. I am so sorry.

Do you think perhaps the gyn assumed that you had to go to your primary to get a referral to the uro? That's how it works for a lot of patients that might be where he/she was coming from.

Its hard, when we are dealing with so much, to see the doctor's side of this. I just hope that normally you feel your gyn is there for you when it really counts. I had a situation in which I felt a bit blown off with my gyn the other day and off and on I get a little perturbed about it and then I remind myself that he really is there for me when it counts.

Hang in there. I pray that all of us will one day look back on this time of our lives and reflect "that was a tough time in my life, but I am better now". I know that's what we all want.

Unread 12-26-2003, 02:21 PM
Hiya All!!!

Well my bad luck with this year continued... I caught the Influenza flu and was in bed for almost a week... YIKES... I am still suffering the Upper Resp. part, and fatigue, but no fevers... Between the flu, x-rays, and urine culture, I have visited the hospital 3 times in the last week. Well I got some good news and bad news at my visit with the URO on the 23rd... My x-ray and u/s were clear. No blockages or stones... But he was not able to do a dilation as planned because I have another UTI... So I am back on antibiotics, and will follow up in January... My retention was still high at 180. So there is still something going on... I think I was happy about not having the dilation. But I think it has only been delayed.. So we will see!!!!

Looking forward to a better year.... 2004 is very near!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register