Any Sisters without children?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Surviving Parenthood

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any Sisters without children?? Any Sisters without children??

Unread 12-15-2003, 03:18 PM
Any Sisters without children??

I was just wonder if there were any sisters out there without children. Obviously I have no children and I'm trying the accept the fact that I'm not going to give birth. I am seriously considering adoption. The problem is...I have no idea where to start that process. Anyone with any suggestions????

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2003, 03:20 PM
No kids

I am 31 and have no children as well. When I first found out about the surgery, I was devasted that I can not have children. My husband and I are registered Foster Parents and are thinking of adoption as well. At this time we do not have any foster children, which in a way is a blessing, due to the surgery and recovery coming up.
If you need any help, please let me know.....
I do have 3 doggies though!
Unread 12-15-2003, 03:37 PM
Me, neither

Not only do I not have kids, I am single. The problem, though, is that I could never meet anyone since I am homebound by my bleeding and I can't get strong enough to make babies at this point, so I am having my baby-maker removed. I am not all that maternal, yet, and I always thought I would adopt, but it is tough to have that decision taken away. I know that many of the men I will meet while looking for my prince will want their own kids and they won't have been through this process with me. But I know that a child does not have to come out of me to be my child. I doubt that the adoption process will be easy, but I know that it can happen if and when the time is right.

I'll be following your thread to see what you learn about adoption.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2003, 04:09 PM

Hi, I also don't have any children. I'm a 33 (almost 34) year old single woman who never wanted any children. It was kind of a relief knowing that I would never again experience a painful period or have to wear pads all month because I never knew when I'd bleed.

Mary Ellen
Unread 12-15-2003, 04:23 PM

I too, have no children, and had a difficult time acepting the fact that I never will. I do however, have 2 wonderful step children that I see every other weekend. Adoption isn't in the cards for me either so I can't help you with adoption info. What I can tell you however, is that I believe things happen for reasons. The child that you will eventually adopt will be extremely lucky to have you as a mom, and you will undoubtly change the course of his or her's life. Good luck.
Unread 12-15-2003, 05:00 PM

I also have no childern. I had a LAVH on 8/22 at the age of 25. DH and I had spent many years (6 yrs dring to consive). I had a miscarage six yrs ago on Mothers Day. We tried all the fertility drugs. I became very ill in Febuary from the fertility meds, had my ovary swell to the size of a football, fluid in my lungs and developed an irrgurlar heart beat.

DH and I are planning to adopt in fact we went to an adoption meeting 2 weeks ago. We are going to go through the state. We want to adopt a child between the ages of 5-14. We were advised at the meeting that we should have a child with us by the begining of the next school year if everything goes smoothly.

Depending on what kind of child you are looking to adopt. If you are looking at adopting an older child I would check with your state on the special needs adoption. There is alot of information on the internet. That is where DH and I started.

The hard part is trying to deside what kind of adoption you what to do. DH and I just sat down on day and talked about what we wanted in our child and what type of child would fit best into our life and what kind of child are we able to care for. We had considered all options even adopting from Russia.

Good luck and if you have any questions please send me a pm!

Sweety Tweety

Hemi (coming home Christmas Day My Christmas pressent) Dakota (my spoiled baby).... My four legged children (yes DH is a Dodge Fan)
Unread 12-15-2003, 08:21 PM

First of all I want the thank all of you who replied. I think this site is wonderful, it's hard to share thoughts and feelings with friends and family around here, they just don't understand what we "Sisters" are going through.

Thanks again for your input and advice. If you come across any new ideas or information please let me know.

Karen
Unread 12-15-2003, 08:30 PM

I just had my hysterectomy in October, right before my 35th birthday, I'm single and have always wanted children, but after 3 years of dibilitating pain I made the decision to have the surgery. I'm experiencing emotional distress lately and feel as if I'm alone in this, it was nice to stumble across this site and this thread to know that I'm not alone. Thank you all for sharing your experience and hopefullness.
Unread 12-15-2003, 08:59 PM
I adopted

Hi:

I went through the same thing. We always wanted children, too. But we just finished our adoption of a beautiful 14-month-old girl from Tula, Russia. The way I started was to look at adoption agencies listed on the internet. Then, I looked them up through the better business bureau, also online, to see if there were any complaints. We also went to meetings in our area that were advertised in our church bulletin. You can ask for an interview with any agency you are interested in, or they have free meetings for newcomers. Take your time, as there are many "ripoff" agencies who merely want a lot of your money. If you would like, you can e-mail me and I would be more than happy to answer any questions I can. Good luck!!
Unread 12-15-2003, 11:20 PM

Dear Karen (and others who are interested):

Our oldest daughter arrived home when she was 11 months old. She came from county social services & is a lively teenager now. We took the first step by calling the number on the tv screen when they featured a child available for adoption (a weekly news snippet on our local channel).

Here is the website for the place that got us started down the road: http://www.adoptex.org/ This is mostly an information clearing house.

Once we got to *the other side* of the adoption equation, I volunteered my time to sit on the parent panel at the orientation meetings for prospective adoptive parents. The attendees all have the same *how do I get started* questions & doubts. If you get the chance to go to a meeting like this, do it. Ours cost $15 for materials (no obligation), and lasted about 2 hours & gave us lots of contacts to get started.

Here is another website for support & info about adoption: http://fertilethoughts.net/ft/adoption/ Notice most of their *stuff* is listed on the left side of the page.

Hope this info helps. Please feel free to PM or email if I can share any other info

Just sign me,
Mom of one adopted & one homemade

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register