celebrating no more aunt flo! Sign below! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

celebrating no more aunt flo! Sign below! celebrating no more aunt flo! Sign below!

Unread 12-15-2003, 04:33 PM
celebrating no more aunt flo! Sign below!

Hello, ladies!!!

How have you made it without your aunt flo to tie you down? What ways have you celebrated your new freedom from the dreaded monthly monster?

How has your life changed good or bad since your surgery in relation to your period?

thanx for reading!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2003, 05:22 PM

I have not missed aunt flo one little bit !!!! In fact .. I always dreamt of the day when I could say good bye to her LOL!!

I had a ceremonious giving away of tampons/pads and enjoyed every minute (with a broad grin across my face LOL!)

Infact .. I don't even have to plan my hols around her .. any more Im a FREE WOMAN !!!!

Toni xx
Unread 12-15-2003, 07:00 PM

I also, did the whole giving away of the 2 boxes of Tampons, and the 3 bags of Carefree's i had stashed in the linen closet..
~ Im not yet sure it has fully hit me yet~
except, I was looking over the calendar the other day and though to my self.... HUMMmmmmm... its been over a month sense the last visit from Aunt Flo~ Noticed, Ive had no headaches, no peroid pimples.....
I guess its all sinking in..
:0)
Maybe a no more peroids party is in order...
:0)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2003, 07:38 PM
gentle reminders

Hi ladies - well no more periods - what can I say - after 25 years or so it is such a wonderful time - I was sure I "used-up" all my tampons but I keep finding a couple stashed in strange places - kind of like a gentle reminder of the past - as long as it stays a reminder that is great - I think I should have probably kept some as my daughter is just about THERE!!! if you know what I mean - oh well, DH only has to put up with one hormonal cranky female in the house now - all the best and enjoy your newfound freedom - Love Sharon
Unread 12-15-2003, 08:00 PM
Aunt flo bites the dust!!

...and another one gone, another one gone...

another one bites the dust!!!

~~~~~~
I had my tvh on the 10th of Nov & was sitting around the house by the 13th (my usual period time) feeling like I ruled the world!

It still gets me when the 13th rolls around & I get to walk right by the pad isle like...

"nahnar...nahnar...na...ha..."

HA!!!

I am so glad 'shes' gone

Thank God & grayhound shes gone!!!
Unread 12-15-2003, 08:30 PM

Aunt Flo was supposed to start on Saturday and it just dawned on me that it hasn't. I feel so lame for not even realizing that. I haven't thrown my pads away just yet since I'm only 4 days post-op (don't wanna get caught needing a pad and not having one), but as soon as I'm healed they are going to be buried in the yard.

Linda
Unread 12-15-2003, 09:11 PM

I had periods for 35 years and I thought it was time for a well deserved rest. I have enjoyed every minute of no periods. It is the greatest thing in the world. I can do what I want to. I can wear what I want to. I save tons of money on Kotex Overnights and Poise pads. My husband doesn't have to worry about those "oops" touches because of Aunt Flo that he didn't know had come to visit. I am so happy I could just burst. I don't have to worry about those embarrassing stains and there is no more Biz parties. Also I don't miss the in-the-middle-of-the-night sheet and clothes washings. Ugh. When my DR said that I would benefit from a hyster, he didn't know HOW much.

It was funny, though. I just realized the other day that my first period came in October and I ended having periods in October.
Unread 12-15-2003, 09:12 PM

Once I had an Aunt Flo,
Oh how she annoyed me so.
She came so often she even put me in hock.
Then one day my doc said to me "Let's give Aunt Flo a kick with your your sock."
So off we went to the operating room,
And gave Aunt Flo a great big kaboom.
No more Aunt Flo, I tell you so,
No more can she annoy me so.
I shall toast her good riddens every 28 days,
And believe me I tell you, IT PAYS.

Toni
Unread 12-16-2003, 02:04 PM

That is just the coolest poem, Toni! I think I shall make it my theme song!!!

I keep finding my pads everywhere...I had no idea I had em stashed everywhere!!!

I went to the store in dh car today & saw some in his glove box that I bet even he never knew he had... I guess that proves that I have been there, right????

I found em in my drawers of my dressers, in my closet, in my hamper, in my car, etc...

Wheres the strangest place youve found them???
Unread 12-16-2003, 02:56 PM

I do not miss aunt flo one little bit.

I am 6 mo post op now and I rather enjoyed sending off all of my pads and tampons. I had 3 boxes of tampons and 4 large bags of the x-long overnighter pads as well as a economy size of Carefree liners.

I now run, jog, exercise without pain. No more backaches either! I buy white pants and shorts and I dont care if its after labor day or not. I love buying pretty and sexy undies in light and bright colors - something I could never, ever do before.

I no longer walk for 10 minutes and feel like my insides are going to fall out from between my legs. I think this is one of the best parts! I can also go from lying down to sitting up and it doesnt hurt one little bit. Coughing and sneezing no longer hurt, either.

Come spring, I am buying a white bikini and looking forward to it!

Life couldnt be better. I feel like a new person and I have a new lease on life. I enjoy every day of it to the fullest.

I also began my periods at age 12 on June 2nd - I had my hyster on June 9th of this year. 20 yrs and 1 week of agony every month(every day at the end).

And the strangest place I found tampons/pads was in an old diaper bag, I found one in the attic in my Christmas stuff (I have NO idea on that one) and I also found some in my coat pocket. lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register