Gastroscopy Done Today - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Gastroscopy Done Today Gastroscopy Done Today

Unread 12-29-2003, 02:46 PM
Gastroscopy Done Today

When I was on a highly restricted diet, I sometimes simply ate at home before going out. There may be something simple on a restaurant menu you can handle, or you may be able to ask a restaurant to serve you something without the sauce. (You'll learn a lot, by the way, about just how many "nice" restaurants are just buying prepackaged entrees and warming them up to serve to you.) If you can find a couple of restaurants in your area that can feed you safely, you can steer groups towards those places. Nobody wants you to be sick.

If you'll be out at a party for a while, ask the hostess if you can bring something. Then bring something you can eat. Good friends can be told you have this restricted diet and if you have a couple of simple things you know you can eat, you can tell them. Or, again bring your own.

Don't hesitate to call the doctor if the meds aren't working yet. They may want to up the dosage for you now. When the Prilosec or equivalent starts working, it's like being a whole different person. Think about being able to sleep lying down and not having that burning and gnawing. It could happen to you! I wish you all the best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2003, 02:58 PM
Gastroscopy Done Today

(((Sweety Tweety)))
I have many food allergies and had some tests done to find out which foods I was most allergic too. I have also found thru trial and error which foods bother me the most. I would suggest that you start keeping a daily food diary. The food diary can be very useful in determining which foods might be trigger foods.

Eating out can be tricky, but it can be done. I have learned to read the menu thoroughly, ask lots of questions and if there is something that you know you cannot eat than let the waiter know. Example: I can't have butter so I am always sure to add at the end of my order "no butter on anything please!"

As for dining at someone's home; most of my friends and family are aware of my difficulties with food. That doesn't mean that there is always something I can eat. But I have learned to really survey the spread and usually find a thing or two to passify me until I get home. I may not be able to pig out :snort: like the rest of the folks, but I would rather wait than suffer the consequences later.

Most of all, don't be embarrassed or afraid to speak up. I have sent many a meal back because there was something in that I should not be eating. Learn which foods you can eat and adapt recipes around those foods. I have gotten pretty creative at times with my limited menu.

I'm sending s for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register