Age when diagnosed with Cervical Cancer? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Age when diagnosed with Cervical Cancer? Age when diagnosed with Cervical Cancer?

Unread 12-17-2003, 10:36 AM
Age when diagnosed with Cervical Cancer?

Just curious. I'm just piggy backing on another thread which asks the age diagnosed with endometrial cancer.

I was (still am) 28 when diagnosed. I've been with the same man for the last 11 years, and have had two children. My one and only abnormal PAP ended up in being cancer. The docs were floored!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2003, 10:44 AM

Hi Liz,

I was 28 or 29 when I had my first abnormal Pap that required a cone biopsy, then I had to have another cone about a year later and was dxed with cervical adenocarcinoma the day before my 31st birthday.

Best of luck to you,

Beth
Unread 12-17-2003, 11:35 AM
Age when diagnosed with cervical cancer

I was 40, never had an abnormal pap. I have been with the same man for 16 years. Last year my pap showed endocervical adenocarcinoma.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2003, 06:23 PM

I was diagnosed with cervical cancer, 1b when I was 35. I had only had one abnormal pap (cryosurgery) about 6 yrs. ago, the gyn said for abnormal cells. That was right before I got pregnant with my second child. No problems after that. I have never tested positive for HPV, so I am still confused about that. I never missed a pap or yrly. exam, and from the statistics, it says most women with cervical cancer have never had a pap, or not in many yrs. I had a normal pap only 10 mos. prior to starting to spot, sending me to the doctor to get that checked. My doctor was floored , also. I have been with my husband since high school (we dated for 10 yrs.), married 12+ yrs.
I am going back for a 3 mos. check with my gyn/onc. tomorrow, gettting a little nervous here. I know it will be fine. Just a little cancerhead going on!!!!!!!

Rhonda
Radical hysterectomy, June 2002, cervical cancer, 1b
Unread 12-17-2003, 07:48 PM

I was 35 when diagnosed. I was little over 3 months pregnant and 6 months newly married. It was real scary time. I was also in my last semester in college.
Unread 12-17-2003, 08:13 PM

Hi Ladies,

I am 34 and was diagnosed with Cervical cancer after my hyst on Oct 1/03. This was for Endo, so glad I had the surgery done now.
Never had an abnormal pap either.
My gyn told me this was rare, but now feel better that I am not the only one.

Take Care All

Michelle
Unread 12-17-2003, 09:57 PM

This link will take you to the POLL on this question; be sure to vote.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...hreadid=122742
Unread 12-17-2003, 10:02 PM

Hi Liz,
I was 56, no HPV, and 30 years of normal pap smears. I've been with the same man for 25 years. I had a thin prep pap smear in April of '02 and another one in June of '02, both were negative. I had a endo biopsy in May of '02 and that too was fine. Six months later I began to have a clear discharge. A blood test and sonogram in January of '03 showed nothing. I was treated for an infection. In April of '03 the tumor was 6 cm, a stage 1B2 squamous cell cancer, the most common kind of cervical cancer, the one the pap smear is supposed to find. Go figure!

Hugs and happy Holidays to all,
Janie
Unread 12-17-2003, 11:25 PM

I am 48 and diagnosed 1 week ago endocarcinoma of the cervix. All paps clear, biopsies clear, after surgery pathologist found a "pearl" within the cervical wall. The hysterectomy turned out to be more of a blessing than originally thought.

Been married to the same fabulous man for 28 years have only had one partner.
Unread 12-17-2003, 11:34 PM

Iwas 51 when diagnosed with endocarcinoma of the cervix (also found in the endometrium, the lining of the uterus). Married to the special same man, 25 years, never had an abnormal pap. Had regular pap smears and yearly physicals.

Monalees
TAH/BSO Dec/02, no radiation or chemo, second surgery for ruptured bladder Dec 22/02

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register