Pea size tumor on inside of wrist??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pea size tumor on inside of wrist??? Pea size tumor on inside of wrist???

Unread 12-17-2003, 08:57 PM
Pea size tumor on inside of wrist???

I don't know if anyone has experience with this but I'm looking for info. I will see my dr(PCP ) soon. It's really strange. I have a small pea size tumor on the inside of my wrist near the blood vessels. It feels like it is part of the bone. I'm calling it a tumor because it is a growth and I don't know what else to call it.....Lumpy, Peabody, Pebble ?

Thanks for any input you have. I'm a lot more curious than concerned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2003, 09:24 PM

Hi,

It may be a gangaloid(sp) They usually grow on the wrists. and at the edge on the inside of your hand. Ask your Dr about it. I was diagnosed with a gangaloid cyst in my finger on the knuckle. I had it removed, so I did some research on them. Come to find out it probably wasn't a gangaloid cyst because then I had nodules grow in the palm of my hand. I have what is called dupytrans Contracture. But ones on the wrist and the bottom of the hands are usually gangaloid cysts. Let me know what the Dr says. Good Luck.
Unread 12-17-2003, 10:51 PM

Yeah, ganglion was my first thought too. I had them in my wrist and in the joints in my foot.

They are benign but can be quite painful as they interfere with the joints. It's something about joint fluid leaking, so the body forms a cyst to keep teh joint fluid contained but more fluid leaks in and soon it's hard, sometimes quite large, and can eventually get rather bruised looking. Mine in the wrist spontaneously disappeared--the cyst ruptured apparently and never had to come back. I wasn't as lucky with my feet.

Let us know what the doctor says!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2003, 01:00 AM

Agree it could be a ganglion. I had one then my Dr told me the old fashioned remedy was to hit it with the family Bible!!!!!!!! (ie a heavy book!)

I actually did this - squashed it and it disappeared for a couple of years. But then it came back with a vengeance so had it surgically removed.
Unread 12-18-2003, 08:12 AM

God works in mysterious ways. I wonder if I hit myself in the head with my bible will my migraines go away. Hey I just might start beating myself with the bible everywhere I am having issues (really the head mostly) LOL. But seriously a faith the size of a mustard seed can do wonders.
Unread 12-18-2003, 02:50 PM

Well the results seem to be the same all around. I too thought I had one a while back in the same place. It seems to have disappeared.

Rosalie
Unread 12-18-2003, 04:12 PM

This is such a funny thread. I don't have any thoughts to share regarding the cyst/tumor/growth thingie (which I hope turns out to be a big nothing), but I do think that I might incorporate placing a Bible on my abdomen into my healing regime! :-)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register