1 yr. LATV pain in pelvic area & swelling in belly after lifting | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 yr. LATV pain in pelvic area & swelling in belly after lifting 1 yr. LATV pain in pelvic area & swelling in belly after lifting

Unread 12-26-2003, 11:46 AM
1 yr. LATV pain in pelvic area & swelling in belly after lifting

I am new to this. I am thankful i found you all . I ha d a LATV Dec. 17 2002 . I still have a difficult time lifting heavy objects or my 2 yr. old nephew, who weighs about 20 lbs. or so. I am at a loss to what is going on with me . I have also had a yeast infection sine my surgery that will not go away fdespite many treatments. I am taking HRt Premarin 1.25 since my surgery. I am at a loss of what to do. I want to get better. If any of my new fellow Sisters can help in the least, it will be so appreciated! I'm waiting for your replies. Thank You!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-26-2003, 05:03 PM

Hi ((((Pammi)))) and welcome to Hyster Sisters I'm so sorry that you've found us because you're having long-lasting issues.

One thing that I've learned from the years I've been posting on this wonderful site is that recovery from this surgery can take as long as a full year. Usually, discomfort, fatigue and the dreaded swelly belly are all signs that you are doing too much too soon.

However, any long-lasting or new pains should be mentionned to your doctor. Especially since you've been dealing with this recurring yeast infection.

Since you are on HRT, some of your symptoms could be due to hormonal unbalance. You might find some very interesting and valuable information on our sister site The Hormone Jungle as well as on the The Hormone Jungle Message Board.

Sending lots of healing s your way. Please let us know how you're doing.
Unread 12-28-2003, 07:56 PM

Sorry you are having troubles.
Do you have trouble lifting because of swelly belly or pain? I get swelly belly pretty much everyday still and my surgery was a few weeks after yours. Lifting something heavy will definately give me a good case of I have learned to think twice about lifting. Even as far as a year out I feel I am still healing. Hope you can get rid of the infections for good. Seems strange that antibiotics can't get rid of it. What does your DR say about that? Could it be related to the HRT? Medicine can affect us greatly. BC pills gave me serious depression and frequent migraines. I would ask my DR to start thinking like a detective or find someone who will. There has to be a reason for enduring a year of yeast infections? Do you eat a lot of sugar? Have heard that can trigger recurring yeast.
Are your infections diagnosed as yeast infections? I had infections that felt like yeast infections every month ( itchy, burning, and painful) but turned out to be a reaction to wearing pads all the time. A couple of years ago I got a terrible rash all over my body. My GP told me it was psoriasis. A dermetologist found out that I was allergic to laundry detergent. Happened all of a sudden overnight. Never had an allergy to anything before.
Lots of avenues to check on if it were me. Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register