Cyst after 2 1/2 years | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cyst after 2 1/2 years Cyst after 2 1/2 years

Unread 12-26-2003, 10:27 PM
Cyst after 2 1/2 years

I need some advice. I am 35 years old, had a hysterectomy 2 1/2yrs ago kept my ovaries. I have extreme pain on the right side, went to an obgyn today(not my regular he is on vacation), he did an ultrasound found a cyst. He gave me some pain medication, which doesn't seem to be doing anything, and told me to schedule another ultra sound in 4-6 weeks. He said that some cyst disolve on there own but if it doesn't I might have to take birth control or have surgery.

My question is how big is to big for a cyst? How do I know if it is cancer? Should I be concerned? What am I suppose to do for the pain since the pain medication is doing nothing? Why after 2 1/2yrs am I having this problem?

I do not want to take birth control. If anyone has had this problem or any advice I would greatly appreciate it. I am very scared because I do not know a lot about cysts.

Thanks

Maui
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2003, 02:15 AM
you kinda feel cheated!

Hi Maui, ( is that from the Polynesian legends?)

Ovaries have a rule unto themselves it seems. I don't think size of cyst has any relation to the pain and inflammation that they can cause. Some women have had quite large cysts removed and didn't even know they were there, others have tiny ones and suffer agony. Some have cysts that perform vanishing tricks as soon as a surgeon goes looking!

I'm 18 months since LAVH, pelvic repairs and Burch bladder procedure. Ovaries were left as they looked fine at time of surgery. I am now 42.

I have been getting pain on right side for 4-6 months, first I was told it was tight ligaments from the surgery but ultrasound scan showed a cyst. I returned later and cyst still there and growing.

It's given me kidney inflammation, pain in many positions and continuous pain in my right shoulder blade and ribs. I also have pmt type symptoms that never go, poor DH has suffered as I try to cope with hormonal surges and fluid retention, sore breasts etc.

I am having ovary removed on 12 Jan and also suspected adhesions dissected from around my urether.

I have never taken well to bc medication and have decided to have this ovary removed rather than just the cyst because I had a bad case of PID in my early 20 s and I think I have scar tissue that is likely to continue giving me cyst problems. I think this tissue stops the normal breakdown of cysts during the monthly cycle.

I have been told cyst is most likely a simple cyst as it shows fluid not solids, but I just want it out now!

There are quite a few threads with cyst troubles so try a search and there are also many links to sites on the web that helped my understanding of the types of cysts and how and why they can occur.

You are on the best site and have a proactive mindset so I feel you will soon organise some answers, actions and solutions. Good luck and take care, Linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register