The Countdown is On | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The Countdown is On The Countdown is On

Unread 12-27-2003, 03:48 PM
The Countdown is On

This is my first post, and I feel so lucky to have found this site. I am counting down the days to my surgery (TAH BSO) on December 31st. The Dr. was actually booked until February but it seems no one signed up for New Year's Eve day, so I figured why not?? It gave me far less time to worry about it. I have been struggling with irregular bleeding for six years and endometriosis for twelve. Now I find out that I have fibroids and cysts and a question of adhesions, so the time has come! I feel oddly at peace about this decision and hope that this feeling will continue over the next few days. Since I've had two back surgeries in the past I know some of what to expect, but it's always a little bit different depending on the Doc. Thanks to all of you for the comfort and support you offer here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2003, 03:55 PM
The Countdown is On

Good luck to you and take care of yourself! Let us know how you are doing once you are home and able to get on the computer.
Unread 12-27-2003, 04:40 PM
The Countdown is On

It sounds to me like you are going into the surgery with the right attitude... the sooner you have it done, the sooner you will feel better. I spent many hours on this sight before my surgery and found it very helpfull. I felt like I knew what was coming. It also helps to see that other women have the same questions or symptoms as you do. Little things that might otherwise make you wonder, you can read about and you will feel better knowing you are not the only one!
I had my TAH/BSO on 10-07-2003 (fibroids) and I know now what the doctor meant when he told me "you won't realize how bad you felt till you start feeling good" it's so true. I haven't felt this good in years. I can only hope you have the same experience. Hang in there, I know each case is different but for me the recovery went fast and half the battle is just taking care of yourself early and healing up right. Remember, you are the star of this show!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2003, 04:57 PM
Countdown is on

I just wanted to say that you are going into this surgery with thr right attitude. I also have the same simularities as you do. I am actually looking forward to my surgery. I have also had several surgeries in the past. I am glad that you have found this site. I wish you all the best with your surgery. I will keep you in my thoughts. I will be thinking of you December 31. Pinklady
Unread 12-27-2003, 06:00 PM
So Proud of You....

I am so very proud of you! You are an example to all of LIW!!!

God Bless! SnookB
Unread 12-28-2003, 08:55 AM
The Countdown is On

Hi, I just wanted to say Good Luck to you, I am going in the same day, 12/31, for a TAH/BSO!!!! Unless my Pre-Op finds out something and Postpones it!!!!!! Guess we will be HysterSisters together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hugs, Vicki
Unread 12-28-2003, 09:29 AM
Good Luck

Hello!
I just wanted to wish you the best of luck in your upcoming surgery. You will do just fine. Take care of yourself.
I will be praying for you.
Dottie
Unread 12-28-2003, 01:47 PM
The Countdown is On

My deepest gratitude to all of you for your kind words and for keeping me in your prayers..... And to my two Hyster Sisters having surgery the same day, I want to say that we will be together in spirit on 12/31 and will share the journey back to good health together. I wish everyone here an abundance of blessings in 2004!
Unread 12-29-2003, 01:22 PM
Countdown

You lucky girl! I wish mine were tomorrow. teehee I am so ready for it. I will remember you in prayer. I am glad to hear that you will be getting some much needed relief.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register