New and a little afraid | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New and a little afraid New and a little afraid

Unread 12-30-2003, 02:41 PM
New and a little afraid

Hi everyone

I am new to this site. I have had endometriosis for 13 years, have had left ovary and tube removed 1999 and am now awaiting date for hyst and ileostomy because my sigmoid colon needs to be removed due to the endo penetration.

I have seen the stoma nurse and had a long chat about everything. I am on zoladex injections at the moment and had my 4th one yesterday. They have helped with the pain and no bleeding.

I see the gynae in 4 weeks and will be told when I am having op done, the nearer it gets the more afraid I am. I am positive about it all and because I have 2 children am eager to have it done, so that I can be fit and well to spend time that I will enjoy with my family, but I am only 34 so worried about all the side effects and how I might be after op.

My husband is fantastic and very supportive. He has seen me at my worst so he knows I am making the right decision, so why do I feel afraid??

Sorry for rambling on a bit.

Anne xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2003, 02:52 PM
New and a little afraid

Hello!
Welcome to the site.
I think if is very natural to be afraid. I hope everything goes well for you as you face your upcoming surgery.
You will find so much support from this site and so many wonderful friends here, not to mention all of the wonderful advice and tips.
Take care of yourself and God bless.
Dottie
Unread 12-31-2003, 12:23 AM
New and a little afraid

Hi Anne

I think you're afraid of the unknown. Not at all unusual about that. You'd be in a minority if you weren't a little apprehensive.

I'm sure everything will go very smoothly and you'll be feeling heaps better in no time. You're already half way there with your positive attitude. Your DH sounds like he's going to be a great support for you too. All the very best.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2003, 10:13 AM
New and a little afraid

Thanks for the replies.

I think I just wish the day was here, but now I realise that I have got about 8 weeks left before the big day so I am going to really enjoy myself.

So glad that I have found this site, now I know I wont be alone

Thanks again

Anne xx
Unread 12-31-2003, 03:08 PM
New and a little afraid

hi Anne
Im having surgery in 23 days exactly and have 4 children and am 32 yes I feel so scared and cannot wait until they wake me up in recovery room for me that will mean the only way is up as so to speak, I should say the only way is forward not up(wrong word),Iv thourally enjoyed xmas and am now starting to focus on Jan 23rd and to be honest with you freaking out but I know Im normal in these feelings Im even writing letters out for my children incase anything goes wrong (I think this is normal also I do hope so) but im so pessamistic and finding it hard to be positive and feel the road up to surgery date is going to be a hard one,I dont think Im much help for you only to say I feel exactly how you feel,if only we could click our fingers and it was a few months later and it was all over,I think Im frightened because I have been so near to death as a 5 yr old and experienced an out of body experience,we will both be fine this time next yr and laugh about it,love Hayley
Unread 12-31-2003, 03:26 PM
New and a little afraid

I am 36 and am having surgery Jan 16. Now that the holidays are coming to a close I think about the DATE all the time. I have 3 young children and am also scared. I know things will be better later, but the what ifs are driving me crazy!!!!! My sister just announced she is prego so the feelings of losing my uterus and being happy for her are pulling me in 2 ways. 5 Years ago I had an emergency surgery that was life threatening so I keep flashing back to that moment. I would rather have an emergency surgery, you have no time to think about everything. Hope all goes well. Remember you are not alone and this sight will help. sandj

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register