pulled muscle in leg? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pulled muscle in leg? pulled muscle in leg?

Unread 12-31-2003, 10:36 AM
pulled muscle in leg?

Hi I am 2 weeks post op and have been having a weird pain in my right thigh. It feels like a really bad pulled muscle so that what I thought it was. I figured they probalble had my legs in the stirrups to long ( my surgery was 3 hours). It is just not getting better. Having been an avid exercise freak most of my life I have had a lot of pulled muscles and thet usually go away by now. Has anyone else had this problem? What did it turn out to be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2003, 11:15 AM
pulled muscle in leg?

A pain in the leg and/or thigh can signal more the "just" a pulled muscle. It could anything between a pulled muscle (which...how would you do that if you are resting... ) to a blood clot. I would suggest you call the doctor and ask him/her. They might want to see you.

Linda
Unread 12-31-2003, 11:21 AM
pulled muscle in leg?

I had terrible pain in my groin and top of my left thigh after surgery. It turned out to be nerve damage that healed after a few weeks. I agree that you should call your doctor. I had an US and a CT scan to rule out more serious causes for the pain.

Take care, Diane B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2003, 11:53 AM
pulled muscle in leg?

Please call your doctor or go to the ER. I had what I thought was a pulled muscle in my inner thigh that started 2 1/2 weeks after my hyst. It started on a Saturday, and by Monday was no better so I called the dr. I was told by the nurse that it probably wasn't a clot because it wasn't in the lower leg and because I had none of the other symptoms.

The result of my trip to the ER was that I was admitted to the hospital at 3 weeks post op with a Deep Vein Thrombosis (blood clot in a deep vein) which could have been disastrous if I hadn't sought medical help when I did.

Don't rub the area at all. If there is a clot in your leg, it could break off and travel to your lung. Call your doctor now. The only way to be sure is with an ultrasound of the leg. Please let us know what the dr. tells you.

Unread 12-31-2003, 01:29 PM
pulled muscle in leg?

The pain is more towards the outside of my thigh and it does seem to be in the muscle, I thought that since they had me the stirrups so long that they pulled that muscle reatlly bad. It isn't warm to touch and its not worse when I walk. It just really hurts alot if I bend the leg. I had 4 surgeries this year I really don't want to go the hospital again.
Unread 12-31-2003, 04:37 PM
pulled muscle in leg?

I had a LAVH on 12/22 and the anesthesologist gave me an intra-muscular injection on the outside of my left thigh about half way between my knee and my hip. I had already received some anesthesia to relax me via the IV so I really can't remember what it was for. I have my 2 week post-op on 01/05 and I intend to ask. It was very sore for about a week. It is not sore to the touch today, but I sat on the floor on my knees today and I could feel the sore muscle again. I run about 30 miles a week and I have have had sore quads before, and this really does not feel like a pulled muscle. I will advise on Monday what he tells me.
Unread 12-31-2003, 04:41 PM
pulled muscle in leg?

Yes that is exactly where I feel it but on the other leg and to sit down on my knees is really painful. I have an appt. on Mon. so I am hoping to wait till then cuz it really does seem to be in the muscle.
Unread 12-31-2003, 04:57 PM
pulled muscle in leg?

Let me know what he tells you. I know mine is muscular in nature because it is "slowly" getting better. I think that I would have noticed it more it I would have been more mobile in the last week.

Dee Ann
LAVH 12/22 fibroids and dyfunctional uterine bleeding
Unread 12-31-2003, 07:16 PM
pulled muscle in leg?

Leg pain should always be reported to your doctor, whether it's in the lower leg, thigh, inside or out. What you have may or may not be a clot, but if it is a clot a piece could break off and travel to a lung. If I had waited any longer to go to the ER, I might not be here today.

If you don't want to go to the hospital, at least call the ER and speak to the doctor on call. Tell him/her that you have recently had surgery and describe your pain. Blood clots can be fatal, and it's better to err on the side of caution.
Unread 12-31-2003, 07:30 PM
pulled muscle in leg?

This is exactly where my pain is. I do ok during the day but the nights are misery. I take more meds from 10-6 than all the rest of the day. The Dr prescribed an anti-inflammatory for me this afternoon.
My assumption is the way I was positioned on the operating table too. Thats how it feels anyhow.
She also told me I could take Benydryl at night to try to help me sleep better.

Neysa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register