I need to vent...... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I need to vent...... I need to vent......

Unread 01-02-2004, 12:21 PM
I need to vent......

Dear Rita,

You truly are an inspiration to me!!! Thank you for showing me such a beautiful, strong and wonderful way to turn personal grief and anger into what will certainly become a blessing for others!

With love and light,
Loretta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2004, 04:18 PM
(((((hugs))))))

Thank you Linda and Loretta. I couldn't have done this without your help!

Linda, the surgeon never mentioned an abcess, but I am running a low grade fever, I feel tired, and sometimes I feel 'sick', but I never come down with anything. The pain is the thing I focus on because it's the worst symptom. I only know about the fever because they remark about it each time I go in...but they never say anything more about it. Hmmmmm.

The surgeon was going to review the CT scan films with the radiologist. I don't know what he was going to be looking for...it hurt too much that day for me to care because we'd waitied 2 hours and 45 min. just to see him, and I was in a lot of pain that day. I should have asked, but I was just thankful he was going to try to help. He was also very kind...and I was afraid of seeing anyone that day. I was relieved he was so nice.

Hmmmm...you've given me something to think about.
Unread 01-02-2004, 08:28 PM
I need to vent......

...and here are some things to read while you're thinking :

http://www.merck.com/mrkshared/mmanu...132/ch132c.jsp

http://www.kcom.edu/faculty/chamberl...zid/ANARBC.htm

http://www.findarticles.com/cf_dls/m.../article.jhtml

http://mc_mymd.myelectronicmd.com/refr.asp?Id=1041

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract

http://www.geocities.com/hotsprings/...y/apelvic.html

Abscesses are tricky buggers, and can come from all sorts of things. One that is possible in a hyst is a nicked bowel. In a way, an abscess is a good thing, because it's the body's way of protecting itself from a potentially life threatening infection. But they can be hard to diagnose. I never knew I had one until the DR removed my colon and told me that he'd found it, where my colon had perforated but it formed an abscess so it wouldn't fill my whole pelvis with infection. All I could think of when he told me that was "gosh it sure hurt an awful lot for something that was helping me" .

It could be that you might have an abscess.. but of course there are other possibilities. You're still scheduled for a colonoscopy and endoscopy soon, right? That could rule out diverticulitis for one thing... because that is something else that your symptoms are consistent with.

Such a challenge... and you are meeting it with strength and grace. Chin up!

s,
-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2004, 06:54 PM
I need to vent......

Rita

While I was reading the other posts, I was thinking that mentioning your concerns to the DR or even the office manager may help. The DR office should provide sensitivity training for each person in that office.

My GYN office is filled with baby pictures, baby magazines, closed circuit tv shows about babies and pregnancy, as well as pregnant women and new mothers. I understand that these women comprise the bulk of their patients, but there needs to be some compassion for those of us who have had hysts.

You go girl. I am so proud of you for helping those "other" patients.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register