Fluid in tube??!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fluid in tube??!! Fluid in tube??!!

Unread 12-31-2003, 02:55 PM
Fluid in tube??!!

To make this story shorter, see my post on Post Op "Why did I do THIS??" Okay, here's part 2:

Today, I went to see my doc for another ruptured cyst on my right ovary. Well, he did find cysts on both ovaries, but he also found that my right tube had filled with fluid and was fairly large. He recommended a laparascopy to see if some of the problem was possible adhesions/scar tissue. If he finds any scar tissue, he will remove it and use Interceed. He also wonders if I have more endometriosis - we'll soon find out!! Most importantly, he wants to get a good look at both ovaries and my tube and decided what's "next". My right ovary causes more problems than the left so he says, I may need to have the right ovary and tube removed, but he absolutely does not want to remove both ovaries due to my age. So, he'll do the laparascope to determine exactly WHAT needs to be done and we'll go from there.

Here's my dilemma:

I'd rather he go in and remove whatever needs to be removed so that I don't have to have another surgery (no matter how minor). He says that he doesn't think it's good practice to put a patient to sleep and then wake her to tell her of everything that was removed. Okay, I see that point too! I totally trust my and I know that he's gone to great lengths to preserve my ovaries and rid me of my pain. I've already done bcps for the cysts and I have absolutely NO desire to repeat that. I'm such a basket case!

Has ANYONE OUT THERE ever heard of fluid in their tube??!!

Please help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2003, 05:09 PM
Fluid in tube??!!

Hi Kaila...

I had fluid in my left fallopian tube... it was called a HYDROSALPINX. From what I've since learned, apparently a hydrosalpinx is caused by Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, either through sexual contact or by infection following childbirth or abortion.

Try doing a web search on hydrosalpinx and see if the descriptions sound familiar to what your doctor is talking about.
Unread 12-31-2003, 11:32 PM
Fluid in tube??!!

Hi Kaila! Here's a great article that explains hydrosalpinx very well:

http://www.infertilitydoctor.com/non...drosalpinx.htm

There are lots of possible causes, one of them being endo and another being previous abdominal surgeries... so it's surprising that we don't see more of them around here.

I agree with your DR... I think it's better for him to find out what's going on in there, and give you time to decide what you want to do about it. It's your body, and while you trust your DR, you deserve to have the opportunity to understand and approve of what gets removed provided it isn't a life threatening situation.

Good luck with the lap! Let us know what you find out, OK?
s,
-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2004, 08:30 AM
Fluid in tube??!!

Linda... that article is AWESOME!!! I learned so much! I always wondered about my hydrosalpinx and assumed it must have been caused by scar tissue following my son's c/section birth, or else something got "botched" when they did my tubal ligation. Now that I've got another "lump" on my other side... I wonder if it will turn out to be another hydrosalpinx. I guess I'll know on the 14th.

Thanks again Linda.

...I'm always learning something here!
Unread 01-01-2004, 08:43 AM
Fluid in tube??!!

Thanks ladies!!! The article was informative. I've been surfing the net on the subject and I too was shocked to see that it can be caused by endo or abdominal surgery.

I have to admit, when I read that it was mostly caused by PID or undetected sexually transmitted diseases, I started looking at my DH sidways . Since I knew that wasn't the case, I had to look deeper!

Thank you soooooo much for all the advice!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register