What is the worst movie that youve ever seen?? Why? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What is the worst movie that youve ever seen?? Why? What is the worst movie that youve ever seen?? Why?

Unread 01-03-2004, 07:24 AM
What is the worst movie that youve ever seen?? Why?

Vanilla Sky

the all time worst
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2004, 08:16 AM

The first thing that pops into my mind is The Talented Mr. Ripley. It was HORRID. We got it on Pay Per View before it was out for rental and I really felt like calling the cable company and asking for a credit for that one! I thought it would never end.
Unread 01-03-2004, 09:42 AM

OMG!! I had forgotten that there were so many terrible movies out there!!! I hated all of them that you mentioned!!!!!!!!!

I also disliked GREASE2, I loved Grease, but the 2nd one stunk ot high heaven!!!!

I guess that these terrible movies should refund us all our money, can you imagine?

I have also found out that Kevin Costner plays in really bad or really good movies, I thought that WATERWORLD stunk!! But ROBINHOOD was good...what do you ladies think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2004, 11:38 PM

The worse movie I ever saw was something from here called "Charley and a 1/2," but if I finished my coffee I'll think of something from the USA or Canada or Europe, I'm sure!
Unread 01-04-2004, 06:42 PM
Unhappy - What is the worst movie that youve ever seen?? Why? What is the worst movie that youve ever seen?? Why?

I have a poor memory, but reading some of these post's remind me of movies I have disliked. I didn't care for Vanilla Sky either but I'll never forget (even with my memory) how I physically felt sick after watching Blue Velvet. I don't know why we didn't think to walk out of the theatre, but I remember walking out into the sunshine and wanting to go home and take a shower and then go to church or something. My Sis loved the movie (Blue Velvet) and had even recommended it to us...I guess it's just not what I was expecting.

Blessings,
Mary
Unread 01-04-2004, 06:54 PM
Blue Velvet

David Lynch really is an acquired taste. My DH LOVES anything he does & insisted that I see Lost Highway; it did nothing for me. Haven't ever seen Blue Velvet. I know what you mean about wanting to take a bath. Mulholland Drive was sort of interesting, though, in a convoluted way.

I've seen some horrid flicks on airplanes (captive audience), but at least there I could just take off the earphones & read. Let's see - Clock Stoppers just seemed really stupid. I Am Sam was too sappy for words.

Dangerous Minds (the one with Michele Pfeiffer) made me mad. Not only was she totally unconvincing in the role, but I thought her character's teaching methods were questionable, to say the least. Blech!

Leslie
Unread 01-09-2004, 08:45 PM

The minute I saw the subject line, I thought of Princes "Purple Rain" ...now, if I can't say anything nice... I won't say anything at all!

...oh, and how can I forget "Captian Correlli's Mandolin"
Unread 01-09-2004, 08:56 PM

I (luckily) never saw Purple Rain. Prince just scares me.

Another bad one....Sleepwalkers. Another Stephen King flop. The implied sex between mother and son was enough for me to almost get sick to my stomach.
Unread 01-09-2004, 09:18 PM

Worst Movie, HUMMMMM how about Piano Man, I think that is what it was called. Anyway it was about a Jewish pianist during WWII in Europe. What Hitler did makes me sick to my stomach, so seeing anything about it bothers me. I watched about 10 minutes of the movie and ended up in the bathroom; DH shut the movie off as soon as I got up and he realized what was happening. History is history, but do we have to keep dragging up the past, especially such a horrid past? While I am not Jewish, I strongly feel that everyone should have a right to believe what they want and as long as they don't push it on others then they should be left alone. We all need to live together, we should do it peacefully.
Toni
Unread 01-10-2004, 09:36 AM

I'm I guess what you would call a lapsed Jew, daughter of survivors, and I think such movies are important (It's called The Pianist).

I didn't see it though because I don't go to see anything by Polansky on principle.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register