What is the worst movie that youve ever seen?? Why? - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What is the worst movie that youve ever seen?? Why? What is the worst movie that youve ever seen?? Why?

Unread 03-18-2004, 07:24 AM
What is the worst movie that youve ever seen?? Why?

Dumb and Dumber. And Groundhog Day Those both were pretty baddddd.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2004, 05:24 PM

my kids love dumb and dumber.My favorite is Liar Liar with Jim Carey.(i think thats what it is called)My least favorite movie(s)are the naked gun series.my dh loves them but they are STUPID!!!I loved Schindlers List and Con Air.Nicholas Cage was so sexy in that one. I used to love scary movies and whatched all of the freddy and jason,halloween,etc.but now i hate them and can't watch anything scary at all. If i do i make dh switch sides of the bed with me so he is close to the door.lol oh yeah,signs is another good one.Mel Gibson is so funny in it.
Unread 03-19-2004, 11:19 AM

I hated The Mexican with Julia Roberts and Brad Pitt. Seems like it should be good, right, with both of them in it..........NOT!!!
Also, the Hours - very weird movie, still pretty sure I don't understand it!!

Bruisincloud, I LOVE Kevin Costner. I've often said I would watch a movie with him in it if all he did was housework!!
He's my favourite - very HOT!!
Shelley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2004, 11:38 AM

EYES WIDE SHUT - all time worst hated movie of mine. Urgh!
Unread 03-20-2004, 11:49 PM

Loved Goundhog Day, myself.

Hated Eyes Wide Shut, but not as much as some other movies. Would love to find the Schnitzler story it's "based" on. For sure more subtle and more erotic.
Unread 03-21-2004, 06:11 PM

Worst: The X-rated-for-violence cut of Taxi Driver. The R-rated version was superior in every way.

I have a real problem with gratuitous violence and sex. If it moves the plot, that's different. But violence and sex just 'because the director can'? Won't ever get my movie ticket money--and if it accidently does, I'm steamed for a week.
Unread 03-21-2004, 10:53 PM

Lady --

I can agree with you on that.

The violence in a movie like, let's say, Cold Mountain wasn't gratutitous, and was even necessary, so I could bear with it. But when it's there just to sell tickets, well, I'm not going to be a buyer.

Ditto sex. I'm actually VERY "conservative" (which surprises people when they know my politics in general) about sex in movies. No atheletics, please (see my previous comment on Eyes Wide Shut).

There was a movie here made years, decades ago, called "Fellow Traveller," about Israel/Palestine. Why they had to have a shower scene between two of the main characters (activist and his psychologist girl friend) is beyond me.

And ditto that film with Jill Clayburgh where she played the first woman (fictional, before the appointment of one) on the Supreme Court. Why a shot of the justice though the shower glass, was beyond me (well, I knew why, but...)
Unread 03-28-2004, 06:10 AM
Thumbs down - What is the worst movie that youve ever seen?? Why? What is the worst movie that youve ever seen?? Why?

I believe "The Exorcist" back in the 70's was the worst. I covered my eyes most the time & don't think I slept for a month after it. That is not entertainment for me.

Sister Katie
Unread 03-28-2004, 06:25 AM

I liked the Exorcist when I saw it at the time, I think it was fun to scream and close my eyes and peak.

But I don't like stuff like that now.

Two weeks ago I saw a 1930s film based on "The Most Dangerous Game" - now that was scarey, even though I read the short story when I was 10!
Unread 03-28-2004, 07:51 AM

Hey Marian,

It wasn't fun for me I'm a "whimp" when it comes to those type of movies. All I need to hear is the music leading up to something & I run

I did like Dumb & Dumber.

Sister Katie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register