Not good news! Not great news! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Not good news! Not great news! Not good news! Not great news!

Unread 01-08-2004, 09:45 AM
Not good news! Not great news!

Hello Sisters,

I just had my first check up after going through my treatment and for about a month I have been having pain 24/7 where the tumor was/is.

My rad/onco tried to examine me but after breaking both my daughter and my cousins fingers from squeezing so hard he had to stop. It was the most painful thing that I can barely talk about it now. Anyway, he was baffled why I was in pain especially my bones, but what he could feel of the tumor he was not happy with, so I have to be scheduled with the surgeon to be put under general anesthia so that they can examine me without pain. (Sounds good to me!) He is baffled because of the amount of radiation that I received was the absolute maximum limit a human can get without causing death.

So, he feels there are three possibilities of what could be causing all this pain.

1. The tumor site is ulcerated.
2. The tumor is growing back.
3. I have fluid in my uterus and it is backing up.

The doc does not feel it is the last one. However, I can't go back to work just yet (he said no) and now I am in real fear of losing my job, which means losing my medical benefits which I really need.

So Sisters.........I could really use your help and support and any information you can give me on ULCERATED TUMORS. I am the kind of person who needs information and I am having a hell of a time finding any on this subject.

Please HELP!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2004, 10:06 AM
not good news! Not great news

I am so sorry for what you are going through. Although I can not offer any insight, I am sending you good thoughts, hugs and all the best.
Unread 01-08-2004, 10:33 AM

Hi Forgen,

I am so sorry you are going through this! When I talked to my Gyn/Onc about back pain he mentioned radiation damage. It is possible that is the reason for your bone pain.

As far as why your tumor site is hurting, I have no idea. I tried to find something on ulcerated tumors on the internet. Everything that came up seemed to have something to do with animals so that was no help.

My Gyn/Onc did a partial radical vaginectomy for my vaginal tumors. Did you have surgery? It does not sound like you did. Is surgery a possibility to get rid of the tumor once and for all?

Sending you a big .

Sharon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2004, 10:43 AM

I am so sorry that you are going through this --

I am also sorry your doctor chose to speculate without being able to complete an exam. Who really knows what he is "feeling"! Until they examine the area it will be difficult to know what is going on. It could be that the area of the tumor is ulcerating from the radiation (a radiation injury).

I did a google on ulcerated and vaginal cancer - it wasn't much luck, but I did find a survivor message board for vaginal cancer on the ACS website.

http://csn.cancer.org/

Let us know how the real exam goes?

Dorrie
Unread 01-08-2004, 12:10 PM

Hi Forgen,

I have pain that comes and goes where the tumor was, but had no radiation. I had horrible pain whem the Dr tried to examime me too, and almost jumped off the table The dr said that scar tissue from surgery cause the pain. Perhaps your pain is caused from scar tissue from either surgery or radiation. When the tumor was present and growing I had no pain, but now have pain when it's gone. Pain or lack of isn't an accurate sign of anything except pain! I hope the Dr finds away to diagnose and fix what is causing the pain for you quickly. Wjy don't you ask him what ulcerated tunor means? He would know best what he meant when he said this to you and you deseve an explanation without having to weed thru scary stuff on the internet
Unread 01-08-2004, 01:38 PM

Hi, Forgen!

Like ShepherdPal, I also have some residual pain due to scar tissue. I don't scar externally very much; I'm quite fair, so any scars I have are super small and fine and white. But my doctor says internal scarring is a totally different animal, and the way internal scar tissue grows is totally different.

It tugs and bothers me, but it not excrutiating like yours. It just reminds me every day to think about keeping healthy.

As for the doctor speculating, I find that my doctors don't speculate unless I push them for answers. It may just be scar tissue. But perhaps they're just giving you a big list of stuff because you're having so much pain (which I'm so sorry you're having to go through).

I'm sorry you'll have to have anesthesia to get a proper diagnosis, but better that than the pain you've been feeling. Please let us know how that exam goes and what they find. I hope it is just scar tissue run amuck!

Stay strong!

s!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register