10 Days Post Op and doing pretty good!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

10 Days Post Op and doing pretty good!!! 10 Days Post Op and doing pretty good!!!

Unread 01-10-2004, 08:57 AM
10 Days Post Op and doing pretty good!!!

10 days post op today, doing pretty good, still sore and major bruised, and those inside stitches drive me nuts, went in for a TAH/BSO on Dec 31, and ended up with only a TAH, kept ovaries, Yeah!!!!!! I was wondering, does everyone get alot of brusing in that area? I look like I have been in a prize fight down there. Hugs, Vicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2004, 09:11 AM

Hi, Glad you are doing well...I had no bruising....but I think everyone is different -- I'll be at 5 weeks on Monday...and the one thing I've noticed is that each day is a little bit better, but DON'T over do it -- you will pay...I was miserable from too much yesterday and slept really poor and I had been doing very well...so even though you feel good -- remember to take it easy..

Mary
Unread 01-10-2004, 02:38 PM

HI,

I too am 10 days post op. I woke up this morning feeling great. I have had two very good sleep marathon days. I had a TVH on 12-31...I do have quite a bruise across my belly button. It is starting to look much better now. I did quite a bit today, well it seems like it to me but looking around (what did I do?) LOL I am finding that when my body says it's time to lay down.....lay down! I would love to check back with you and your progress since we share the same surgery date!! I will be looking for you again.

Karyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2004, 03:26 PM
Brusing

I too had an awful lot of brusing. My belly button still looks nasty. Looks like a big blue sunburst. Very sore. And under neath the hairline incision - that too is all brused and sore. Hope you feel much better very soon.
Unread 01-10-2004, 03:59 PM

I had brusing the first 14 days and then it was gone. My DH looked at the brusing and I told him, "you should have seen what the other guy looked like."
Unread 01-10-2004, 06:06 PM

To my same day sisters: I'm so glad to hear that you are doing well!! I am 10 days post-op also and am doing fine so far. I had a TAH-BSO and have about a 6 inch scar but very little bruising. I don't have much pain, so I only take a small amount of pain med as needed. I am sleeping just fine (unlike a lot of the posts I read here....I'm lucky) and tend to just rest on the couch during the day when I start to get worn out. I am not overdoing it because I realize that my mind will get ahead of my body and try to entice me to do things I shouldn't do. (OK, I am having withdrawals from my vacuum cleaner, to be honest....but I know that vacuuming would be a big mistake..) If only the weather would warm up, I would love to take a walk outside to get rid of this cabin fever. Maybe next week!
Unread 01-10-2004, 08:09 PM

It gets harder as you get into weeks 4 & 5 to stay away from things like the vacuum...I will be 5 weeks on Monday -- thought I could do some light vacuuming yesterday and I'm still in pain...more than at 10 days...so don't give in to the urge to vacuum....it's ugly!

Mary
Unread 01-10-2004, 08:17 PM
The urge to vacuum

I keep reading about all the ladies that really want to sneak out that vacuum cleaner and give it a go. Well, I am safe from that because of my vacuum. I have a Kirby, if any of you have or have ever lifted a kirby, you would stay as far from that as possible. DH came home today and asked "do you need to run the vacuum, well he has been great about doing it but in the living room and kitchen (God Bless Him) but I had to tell him, Honey we really need the hallways and bedrooms done...they are getting nasty. (I have a dog) But DH know that even after the clearance for normal activity, I may not be able to get the darn thing out, I am telling you ladies.....it's heavy!!

Have a wonderful night and you know what my boys went out for the night and I must admit I have been feeling kind of lonely and down since they went out.

Thank you for being available 24/7....you have all made my night just a little better!!!
Unread 01-11-2004, 05:29 AM
Day 11 update.....

Hey Gals,

It's been a long night and I am waiting for everyone to wake up get their coffee/tea whatever and get on....I miss ya! Because of my Thursday/Friday sleep marathon I was able to get only 3 hours of sleep last night but guess what.....I again feel wonderful. Yesterday most productive....my suggestions to all, sleep, rest, sleep .....it has made a world of difference for me!!

Have a wonderful day,
Karyn
Unread 01-11-2004, 07:03 PM
LAVH,cancer.

I'm 3.5 weeks now post op....am feeling pretty well!! Am planning on taking the whole 6 weeks off however, as I feel I need to get my head back together, along with my body. I'm on an estrogen patch now, and the hot flashes during the day have much improved....have made concerted efforts to avoid "reactivity" to my husband as this also generates terrible hot flashes. Am still having neck sweats, however, about 4 in the a.m.....till 7.....wake up to get my 6 y.o., off to school, then sleep for a few more hours. Hopefully this will dissipate once I go back to work in a couple of weeks....
I'm 49, have not responded on this site up to now...but am so glad it is available. I did have cancer ( DID), of a low grade, and am praying for no recurrence. Saw an oncologist last week, and no follow treatment is recommended. I will seek a 2nd opinion in a few weeks to make sure. Everything was removed. I had an atypical endometrial biopsy,after having been on progesterone treatment for hyperplasia x 6 months...thank Goodness I had the hysterectomy,as it did show the early grade cancer....my only warning sign was excessive menstrual bleeding, which I have never had....
thanks for being there....my thoughts are with you, too.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register