new woman | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-11-2004, 12:11 PM
new woman

I'm 9 weeks post op and feeling great. This has really been

a tremendous change for me. Not just physical, but for me

emotionally. I can't describe it, just a feeling of "don't sweat

the small stuff" anymore.My life is good, and I am very fortunate

to have what I have. Before surgery I was always worried

about what other people thought about me. Now I can see

it dosen't really matter. What matters are your family and those

you love. I hope for all my hyster sisters a speedy recovery

and all the best that life has to offer.

Gerri TAH/BSO huge fibroids and adhesions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2004, 03:19 PM
feeling great

Hi GerriMac, I am 10 weeks post op (TAH/LSO) and I feel the ;same as you - I can take on the world :big grin: - had a great recovery, got a new job that I love and I too am not "sweating the small stuff" anymore either - its an amazing feeling - like being released and for the first time I feel like I have a renewed spirit - great to hear another sister is doing well also - all the best - your sister in Australia, Sharon xx
Unread 01-11-2004, 03:39 PM
new woman

I hear ya!!!!! 6 weeks TAH-BSO and appendectomy. Would have done it sooner had I known how great I feel now.
holly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2004, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the Thread

Hi GerriMac...

Thank you for starting this tread. I'm in my 5th week post op and feel wonderful. The pain has been minimal, sleeping hasn't been a problem, emotions seem to be in check, back problems slowed me down for 10 days...but once that disappeared, my recovery has been progressing nicely. I too feel like a new woman. I'm happy you started this thread because it's nice to hear of others who feel this way. I was starting to think I was abnormal.
Unread 01-11-2004, 09:25 PM
new woman

Hi, GerriMac, from another Gerri who also has undergone a transformation. It's been a life-changing experience for me, too. I'm still amazed at how good I feel.

I am very thankful to have had no complications, no hormone woes, none of the emotional problems I was bracing for (I'm at 8 and 1/2 weeks). The mood swings and depressions of the past are gone. And yes, I no longer sweat the small stuff either. Major surgery (my first and only) does seem to have a way of helping one get priorities set straight!

It's like I went into the castle a nervous, panicky lady-in-waiting -- one who wasn't at all happy about needing this surgery -- and came out a new woman, truly a princess. Hope that doesn't sound too goofy.

Unread 01-11-2004, 10:28 PM
new woman

Hi Ladies,
I am jealous! But its nice hearing some good stories. Before I had my TAH in November, I had not ever heard of anything bad about hysterectomies. I only heard how women felt better and had no problems also.
PLEASE keep putting out the good stories.....it still gives me hope for my up coming bladder repair surgery being done in February.

Good Night, Deb
Unread 01-12-2004, 05:52 PM
bladder

Hi Deb,

What kind of bladder repair do you have to have? I had what I think they call a TVT to resolve a urinary incontinence problem. I was more nervous about that (and being able to pee normally again) than I was the hysterectomy. Everyything turned out great but I lost more sleep over that darned catheter and passing my "void trials" than anything else.

Good luck with your procedure.
Unread 01-13-2004, 10:04 PM
new woman

I had my surgery on New Year's Eve so.... Happy New Years to me!! While I am still recovering physically from the surgery, I haven't felt this good mentally in YEARS!! I kept both of my ovaries (my decision) so no menopause, yet.... I would have done this MUCH sooner if I had known what a "new and improved" person it would make me. I had my 2 week follow-up today and all is well. I was so fatigued for such a long time and now I can't wait to get started living life to the fullest!!

Good luck to everyone!!
Unread 01-13-2004, 10:11 PM
new woman

I'm so glad you feel much better,my surgery is 1-26-04 and everyone keeps telling me how much better I'm going to feel. Thanks for your encourgement.
Unread 01-14-2004, 12:12 AM
new woman

Hey Sisters:
I just wanted to add my two cents - I'm way ahead of most of you - I am 4 1/2 months post op and I feel FABULOUS. My recovery has been good and I agree with all of you - you just can't sweat the small stuff any more. I didn't realize how badly I felt EVERY DAY until I had surgery. I too, wish I'd done this sooner.

Good luck to all of you.

Big hugs

P.S. to lynz57. I'm making a note of your surgery date and will send positive vibes that day!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register