Yummy Fleet kit today!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Yummy Fleet kit today!!!! Yummy Fleet kit today!!!!

Unread 01-12-2004, 08:24 AM
Yummy Fleet kit today!!!!

Oh boy. today i get to do the "Home Entertainment" pack of Fleet 18 Hour Prep for the IVP. ick/
this means No real food from noon today until noon tomorrow.
i can have clear jello (not red), broth etc.

the fun begins at 7pm with the Phospho Soda (William Tell overture here...) and continues with the 4 little pills for more marathon bathroom activity. Then, of course, the Enema of Doom in the morning.

i'll be glad when this out of the way, since i'm a little scared of the IVP.

Will give you all the gory details tomrrow!

Fluffy Lemur
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2004, 09:24 AM

Fluffy,
Am I going to have to do this too?
I forgot........what is a IVP?
Geeeeesh, somedays I'm just a hair head!

Hope all comes out alright......hehe........I know, thats not funny....I feel for ya darlin, thats why I am asking if I have to do this.

Hang in there.....Deb
Unread 01-12-2004, 09:33 AM

If any of you had the same "problem" as I did I think the Dr. should also give a prescription for some seriously soothing butt cream!!!!!!! Or at least suggest something. I only had to do this as part of my pre op to the hyster. and I 'll tell you my Dr. did not warn me at all and I could have killed him when I saw him the next day in surgery! I told him that they need to put a warning on the box or something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2004, 09:35 AM

I had the ivp & coloscopy at the same time..or so they told me but they never told me to do one of those.

Sounds like you'll be sticking pretty close to home for the next 24 hours..1 room in particular..

Thinking of you lots!
Unread 01-12-2004, 10:22 AM

Phosphosoda tip:

A&D ointment. It's not just for babies ....

Its very soothing and takes that burn away ......supposing that you get it. You might not. I did and boy was I glad for the A&D.
Unread 01-13-2004, 07:01 AM

Hi Fluffy,
hmmm...the Fleet Entertainment pack, sounds like something my local video store would stock
Like Melinda, I didn't have to do any prep for my IVP, guess all doctors are different. Thank goodness for the good advice from those gals who have had the dubious 'pleasure' of this experience already.
I didn't find the IVP hurt at all...it was just a very weird experience:
1. Because it's nuclear imaging, so you get to lie on this big machine which has a kind of round arm that moves around you
2. Because everyone else (in my case it seemed like about a dozen people, but in reality was 4) go and hang out in a room with windows while all this happens
3. Because as they filled my bladder up, the voice on the intercom said...'are you leaking yet'...and i'd say 'no' and then 'are you leaking yet' ..and i'd say 'no'..and then...'are you leaking yet'..and I said...'ummmmm....yes' and was leaking all over the table (and continued to do so) while they xray'd and imaged trying to find the hole.
But the weirdest part was when they made the table move into an upright positiion, with me still attached, gave me this saddle type thing and asked me to pee in it so they could image flow or something. Weird enough trying to pee standing up in itself! But into a bag? With people behind a glass window watching? (i think I finally understood what was meant when men refer to a 'shy bladder' in public urinals!- gawd, i'd hate to be a guy!). Luckily I was facing away from the ..hmm..i'm gonna call them 'golden shower voyeurs' even tho that isn't quiet correct, so I didn't have to look at them looking at me (which in reality they weren't..they were watching their machinery). Suffice to say, I couldn't do it and they finally let me go to the ladies and do it the 'usual' way...ahhhhhh, relief!!
Truly, everyone was really professional, they knew their jobs, they made me feel comfortable (as comfortable as possible in the circumstances) and the deed was done. I just kept telling myself the whole time that this was a necessary thing to help me get out of these diapers/pads...heck, i figured, not too long ago i was lying on an operating table, probably naked while someone I didn't know shaved me, how much worse than that can it get?
Hang in there fluffy! It's a means to an end! And a good one at that!!!

amanda
Unread 01-13-2004, 12:23 PM

Hey fluffy,
Just found out I have my surgery repair on the 11th of Feb.
OHHHHHHHHH I can't wait!

Doc told me 2-3 hour surgery and a 3-5 day stay. NOW, I am all nervous, scared and excited all over again. Its official........I HAVE A DATE.

You hang in there also.......(taking a deep breath)

Deb
Unread 01-13-2004, 01:13 PM

omg! deb..the day before me! we'll be like on the same recovery wavelength! this is great news, i'm glad to hear you finally have a date.

amanda
Unread 01-13-2004, 01:28 PM

yahoooo for us Amanda.....
I just can't wait.........now it will seem like forever, I will be watching the calendar everyday marking the dates off.
I am fine thou, I almost see the end to this nonsense.

Thank You for replying, Have a great day, DEB
Unread 01-13-2004, 01:51 PM

Deb!!

EXCELLENT news!!!!! Wonderful!!!!

Ok..I'm going to the store right now to buy a box of really long matches for our 2004 Diaper Burn **-down!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register