First period after first D&C | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

First period after first D&C First period after first D&C

Unread 01-12-2004, 05:15 PM
First period after first D&C

Hello All!
You have been such a great help to me in the past I was hoping that you could help again.

I had a D&C on Dec.19th. Ok, I had some bleeding for about a week after. No problem. Doc has put me on Provera for complex hyperplasia with atypia...I was on this for a week and started some break thru. By the end of the week I was bleeding heavily and soaking super plus tampons every couple of hours.

That aside, not only is it very heavy, it is very painful as well. I just wanted to know if this was normal for the first period after a D&C?? And, is there any thing that can help relieve this? I could barely stand up today and had to come home from work early. It seems to get less in the evenings and overnight.

What a pain!!! Any advice and wisdom is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2004, 05:20 PM

Joyce,
Have you called your Dr? I dont think you should be bleeding that heavy with a 1st period after D & C. What was the D & C for? Did you bleed heavy like that before the D & C?
Unread 01-12-2004, 05:39 PM

Hi Gretta,
thanks for the reply. Yes, I was having period trouble before, that was why we went ahead with the D&C...They were long and annoying..I just wasn't sure what the first period was supposed to be like after a D&C. Are they supposed to be this painful and heavy? It seems to be lighter in the evening and heavier in the morning and day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2004, 05:46 PM

Joyce,
Were there any Fibroids that were causing the heavy bleeding? Did they find anything at all. I have had 3 D & C'c over the years and my 1st couple of periods were very light I had no pain at all. Everyone is different but it couldnt hurt to call you Dr., maybe you are just overdoing it.
Unread 01-12-2004, 07:26 PM

Gretta,
Uterine scan was done in Oct. and doc found what he thought was a polyp. However, during D&C and hysteroscope (in Dec.), he found it was just a shaggy piece of endo. lining. Was on Provera for 3 mos. before D&C , but the last month I was bleeding for a month straight. The path report came back with the diagnosis with complex hyperplasia stuff.

When I started having breakthru on Jan.5th, I called the doc and they said some bleeding is normal and it should get lighter. When it got heavier, I just figured it was just time for my period anyway. Wasn't sure how soon after a D&C regular periods were to resume. Any idea??

The small of my back is hurtning pretty badly...I will be calling in the morning.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register