HELP ME - 2 years post-op and noticed something not normal. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

HELP ME - 2 years post-op and noticed something not normal. HELP ME - 2 years post-op and noticed something not normal.

Unread 01-13-2004, 01:18 PM
HELP ME - 2 years post-op and noticed something not normal.

It's been two years sense i had my hyst (ovaries and uteries ) I had endo. Well ever sence I have had problems with hymroids and another little problem , back in the summer I started bleeding something I shouldn't be doing , so i rushed to my Dr office and he done a pelvic and said that i wasn't bleeding now and said that it was because some linning was thinning , well I had noticed a few months before that right behind my opening there was this flap of skin ( well that is what I call it ) and some times it hurts bad and i asked him ( my dr ) what it was and if it that was what was bleeding he said that it was normal . Well I really don't think that it so I decided to post this to see how normal this is and if any one else was having this problem.
Please let me know if any one has strange things happen sense their surgery's. I'm desperete . I'm battling depression , panic attacks , and a million other things and I need to know that i"m not going crazy like that dr thinks that i am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2004, 01:24 PM

Hi Rosie,

I personally never had that kind of problem but I am sure that someone will be along shortly who has.

Those lousy panic attacks and doctors who do not want to listen to what we are complaining about are just awful. Because this is something that is out of the ordinary for you and, as I can tell, is bothering you, why not get a second opinion to put your mind at ease.

Is your docotor an oncologist/gynocologist? If not try and make an appointment with one. They are the experts!!

Keep in touch.

Rosalie
Unread 01-13-2004, 01:27 PM

Rosie,

I think he means the lining of your vagina is thining - it happens after menopause if you don't take estrogen. One's vagina and labia can get so frail that they bleed, especially after sex.

If HRT isn't an option for you, you can use a vaginal estrogen cream, available by prescription, OR you can try using one of the over the counter vaginal moisture products like replens or KY long lasting.

If this is what the problem is, I have no idea why your doc didn't give you a script for the cream. Maybe you need a doc who will take your concerns more seriously

Dorrie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register