No UTI but nasty YEASTIES | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No UTI but nasty YEASTIES No UTI but nasty YEASTIES

Unread 01-14-2004, 10:00 AM
No UTI but nasty YEASTIES

Well,

I went and saw my GYN surgeon and have some "weird" type of yeast infection that the "usual" meds over the counter or diflucan won't work for.....SO I'm inserting these new supositories 2 x a day for 14 days. Feeling better already!

NO UTI....Urinalysis came back CLEAN. YIPEE!

She ran some blood work on me and haven't got results yet because of dryness. She wants to check my hormone levels....
I DID keep ONE ovary.

Anyway...just a quick update on me. NO JOB yet. Went for an interview on Monday and it looks good for the tax season but with the CA economy who knows....maybe not working again will be good as I am not emotionally together YET????

So HUGS and WARM thoughts to all my sisters.

Renee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2004, 12:55 PM

Renee,
How did they know that your yeast infection was something different than an ordinary one that wouldn't be cleared up with Diflucan? What were your symptoms? Because I still feel like I have a yeast infection even though the cottage cheese thing has cleared up. What is the name of the med that they put you on? The irritation down there is about to run me up the wall! I am currently taking Relagard cream and Vagifem and they have not really made a significant difference.
Unread 01-14-2004, 01:20 PM

Hi,

The doctor took a microscope scraping of the discharge....

I am on Nystatin Vaginal Tables for 14 days 2 times a day suppository.

I was going nutz too.

Good luck,

Renee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2004, 09:15 PM

Hey Renee!

I was just checking out the site and saw your post. Good to hear from you! How are you? It sounds like things are improving at least a little for you-No UTI-that's progress!

I am doing ok-I go back to see my surgeon on the 22nd to decide what to do about my bladder hernia (My vote is do nothing!) I am feeling pretty good, every now and then a little achey but not too bad. Started walking again after work and I'm sleeping alot better (haven't had an Ambien in almost 2 weeks!)

It was great to see your post!

Hugs,

Louise
Unread 01-15-2004, 09:35 AM

Hey Louise,

I agree with you on not wanting to do anything. At this point I don't want ANY procedures done to me. Going the the GYN this week was hard enough. She even "tricked" me while down below and cath'd a clean urine specimen. I prob. would have freaked out if she had said she was cathing me for a urine catch....

Sorry to hear you are still having problems. Most of my problems are emotional still. I was so solid (I think) before this happened.
I am almost afraid to commit to a full time tax season job IF I get one.

Well hang in there....and all my dear fistula sisters. WE know how you feel.

Renee<UTI free now for about 3 months>
Unread 01-15-2004, 09:43 PM
Hernia

Hey Louise -

Good to see a post from you. So . . . you are considering keeping the hernia for awhile? :-)

January 22nd is my big intestinal/bladder/vaginal Fistula repair.

I've had some really rough months this past fall. Now wouldn't you know come January 1st, I'm feeling the best I have. All week I haven't been able to sleep - second guessing my surgery. They say that the surgery could last up to 8 hours. Yikes.

I know this isn't resolved, but the timing of this feeling better is freaking me out. I keep waking up in the middle of the night in sweats thinking that "maybe" this healed and I'm having this surgery for nothing. This is really messing with my head. But we all know it near impossible for a fistula to resolve itself.
My friends tell me that I've boosted my immune system so high for this surgery that this is just a fluke and temporary.

Good to see a post from you. Let us know how your doctor appt.
goes on the 22nd.

Anita
Unread 01-16-2004, 06:54 AM

Hi there Anita!

Sorry to hear about your fistula but just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and I certainly understand the anxieties you're having at this point.

I'll be thinking of you and saying a special prayer for an excellent recovery on the 22nd!
Unread 01-16-2004, 10:17 AM

Anita,

Good to hear from you, too!

You know I totally understand how you're feeling about the surgery, it's scary! You have waited so long and been through so much already. Odds are, you're right, you still need the op and you've done a great job getting ready for it! My surgery took 61/2 hours so I know what it's like to worry about that!

I am just so happy for you that you're finally going to be fixed -yes, you still have the recovery to get through, but it is so much better on the other side of the repair once you get through the surgery!

You are in my prayers-please keep me posted!

Hugs,
Louise

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register