Fighting with ex husband - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Surviving Parenthood

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fighting with ex husband Fighting with ex husband

Unread 02-03-2004, 06:19 PM
Fighting with ex husband

Ask the other kids?! Holy crud! That's just a lazy teacher who doesn't want to do her job. How horrid.

I'm so glad that the school knows the situation. That will at least help you breathe a sigh of relief. Not much, but a little bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2004, 11:20 AM
Fighting with ex husband

Yesterday when my son came home from school he had a note from his teacher asking if I could come in on Friday at 2:30 to meet with her about helping my son! I was so excited they have parent teacher conferences Thur and Fri and I wasn't expecting to go since he has only been there what .....three days. He also said that he has already been pulled out of class on Mon and Tues for his "help" so it looks like they are working with him more than his other school!! I'm so excited he seems to be doing great. I know that today is only his third day but, hey! He seems to be happier and WANTS to go to school.
I feel a little bad....this morning he forgot his lunch and we were already on the way to school (no time to go back to get his lunch) I gave him some $ and forgot how easy it was to do just that. See in the charter school there wasn't a lunch room and they had a company cater in the food so you had to pay one week in advance! So if you forget you lunch you're out of luck. Not to mention that the charter lunches were $3.00 and this new school is only $1.60 so he got extra money for the snack bar THE SNACK BAR!!!! Never had one at the other school. He's in heaven poor kid.
Unread 02-04-2004, 05:24 PM
Fighting with ex husband

I totally feel your excitment. That is awesome that the teacher already wants to meet with you. It shows that the teacher truly cares about your son and how he's doing in school.

A snack bar?! They just put vending machines in the elementary school two of my kids go to. I just wish it was something good to eat and not so much junk.

I love when kids get excited to go to school. Their faces light up and they are just so happy to be around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2004, 04:59 PM
Fighting with ex husband

That stinks that all they have is junk food! The snack bar here has apples and bananas and of course the cookies and chips but at least there's that option.
My son brought home his math homework sheet of times tables and did 100 of them in less than the 5 minutes allowed!
It is such a stress relief not only for him but me too for him NOT to have 2 and half hours of homework like he use to have. You know he's at school from 8:30-3:00 and then get home and sit at the table til 5:30 when I have to leave for work and sometimes (ALOT) he still wasn't done:burning: talk about no play time and how sad for a 10 year old not to be able to have free time!
But we don't have to worry about that anymore!
Unread 02-06-2004, 06:04 AM
Fighting with ex husband

I know what you mean about homework. It's horrid. My 8 year old DS (he was held back this year) usually gets about a paper a night, but my 10 year DD has much much more. They usually start their homework as soon as we get home (the oldest...13 DS doesn't get home until 4pm) and she's always trying to get the work done. I don't mind the reading (I'd much rather have the kids reading then watching TV), but it's the paper homework that's there's too much of. I've noticed that the oldest doesn't have a lot of homework. He's usually just doing homework about twice a week.

100 of times in under 5 minutes is really good.
Unread 02-06-2004, 03:32 PM
Fighting with ex husband

I met with the teacher today and wow! She has only had my son in her class for 3 full days and she had me come in to talk about how to help him. One of the first things she said was "I notice some anger just under the surface and some assurance issues with him" I couldn't believe that she could see all of this in such a short period. I told her everything going on with the bio dad and she was totally shocked that the courts would even give him any type of visitation. But there are certain laws that they have to follow.
The meeting went really well she said that she loves childern and loves a challenage and could tell that he wants to learn and doesn't mind giving him that little extra attention because he is willing to learn and making such an effort to do good.
What a relief I was so happy that she is willing to give him her all!
Next week they start the speech therapy pull out so I'm excited to see how that goes.
Unread 02-06-2004, 05:43 PM
Fighting with ex husband

If I were there I'd probably would have hugged and kissed her. You don't find teachers that actually want to work with the kids. Let alone be able to see to see that there is a problem. My oldest DS has been going to speech for years. I think he's only going once a week now if at all. He was going at the first of the year, but I'm not sure right now. I have found what has been helping him in school. He plays clarinet in the band. That has helped his focus and he knows that he has to keep his grades good in order to stay in. I did get his report card last weekend and he has a few B's, C's, and a D. No A's, but I don't expect that from him.
Unread 02-07-2004, 03:53 PM
Fighting with ex husband

Those are pretty good grades!! My son brought home his first math test from this new school and he got a 90%!! I'm so excited and proud of my boy! I don't expect it every time I just expect that he do the very best that he can do even if that means a D or F just as long as he tries.
Not to change the subject here but I noticed in you profile that you like to read. So do I! I have read so many books that I started a little book log for myself ....I write down the title and author of the books and rate them with 1-4 stars and then I write down a brief summary of the book so I can refer them to other people. I just finished THE RED HAT CLUB by Haywood Smith and it was really cute and a total girl book. I liked it so much that I'm reading another one of her books titled THE QUEEN BEE OF MIMOSA BRANCH and I really like it!
What kind of books do you like?
Unread 02-07-2004, 05:00 PM
Fighting with ex husband

Wooohoooo! Give him a hug from me and Congrats on that fantastic grade. I love how kids will surprise us when we least expect it.

Right now I'm reading The Hobbit. Or rather, I'm trying to get through it. It's a tad bit slow, but pretty good. Of course I think I have a crush on Bilbo Baggins. Hehehehe!

Have you read The Lovely Bones? That was so good.

I used to only read Stephen King, but after trying to get through Bag of Bones (and bury my mom at the same time I tried to read it) I just couldn't pick another one of his books up. I just don't know why, but I'm so over King books. Now I'll read just about anything I can get my hands on except those Halloquin (sp??) books. Those don't interest me. I've read just about every book Nicholas Sparks has written with the exception of The Wedding. James Patterson is another one that's pretty good. I read When the Wind Blows in record time. Right now I'm anxiously waiting for 3rd Degree to come out in March.
Unread 02-08-2004, 02:39 PM
Fighting with ex husband

I have never read any of Stephen Kings books they just never seemed to interest me. I have heard of Lovely Bones my sister in law read it and said it was good I'll have to look into it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register