Care after 2 week post op?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Care after 2 week post op?? Care after 2 week post op??

Unread 01-14-2004, 03:11 PM
Care after 2 week post op??

I'm a little confused. I had a TVH on 12/23 and had my follow up 2 weeks later. The doc did not examine me, he said that he feels thats too soon to be messing around in there. I understood that and felt relieved that i wouldnt be bothered. I also told him that i felt fine and had no complications, minor discharge, but no severe pain etc.

He said that he would see me again in 3 months....It didnt really dawn on me that 3 months is really a long time from now. I read all the posts about some areas not healing, etc, but I'm curious to know, how WOULD i know if something iwasnt right?

He said i could resume normal life, just no sex until the discharge was gone, although thats not a problem because my husband is in Iraq and not due home until July.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Jen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2004, 04:37 PM

Hi there........

if you want to go and see him before the 3 mon. are up-- that would be fine..... if you have ANY concerns or questions - that's what your dr. and his office is there for.
Dont feel intimidated about calling. It's YOUR body!

I am 32- 8 days post op. Had a TAH - we all learn as we go. I think for alot of us (especially still in child-bearing yrs.) this has taken us all by shock. Just remember- take it one day at a time.

Also, I just wanted to say thank you & your hubby for the sacrfice you BOTH make for our country. God Bless you both and God Bless America!
Unread 01-14-2004, 06:03 PM

Jen, I had my 2 week post op last Friday. The Dr. did an internal check, I was nervous, but it did not hurt. He said that I was healing very nicely. He told me that I could go back to work after my 4 week post-op date, resume my exercise program in 2 weeks, and be intimate with hubby in 2 more weeks. I don't need to see him unless something happens and I feel the need to see him, just be back for my annual Pap in June. If you feel the need to see your doctor, then by all means, call him. You are the one that pays his bills.
God Bless you and your husband, my cousin was sent over there last week. I will be praying for all of our boys to come home safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2004, 06:26 PM

Jen~

I do not think I like the idea of going back in three months. I went for my second week visit and he really just wanted to see how I was doing and talk about the surgery. I will return in 3 weeks and my doctor will examine me and make I am healed. I just feel like you should be checked before three months!! How do you know if everything healed okay? I think I would have to call the office and ask them about that. God Bless and Good Luck!

Lori
Unread 01-14-2004, 09:45 PM

Thanks for all the replies. I think what ill do is call and schedule a visit around 4 or 5 weeks. Then if he wants to see me again in March that will be fine.

My husband is over there as a civilian contractor. He is working in Babylon, Iraq (the old biblical city) and is working directly with the coalition forces, mainly the Polish. He is a retired Seabee (navy) and felt like this was the only way that an old fart his age could help out.

Thanks again
jen
Unread 01-14-2004, 10:15 PM

I would really call my DR about a check-up before 3 months. My DR had my 2 and 6 week check-ups scheduled before my surgery. I just went a week ago for the 2 week and he did check out his handi-work. I was scared it would hurt but it didn't.

Do call your DR and talk to them at least.

Good Luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register