why does lifting make it hurt so much more? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

why does lifting make it hurt so much more? why does lifting make it hurt so much more?

Unread 01-14-2004, 02:14 PM
why does lifting make it hurt so much more?

Hi girls.....I know with my cystocele and even after my last adhesion removal I have alot of pain after lifting and I wondered if anyone knows why? I lifted the cats kitty condo last night (it's a big ol' thing about 25lbs looks like a tree) and I am in so much pain today it isn't funny.....old incision pain is back on right side, lower back is just screaming and my bladder (or whatever it is thats' falling out of me) is just gettin ready to do the whoopsy daisy here......

anyone out there with any idea of why?

thanks for listening as always, sure is quiet around here these days isn't it? 's!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2004, 06:29 PM

Hey Gidge:

This sounds just miserable. I am so sorry you are having this pain.

Yeah, you're right ... it seems quiet ... just wanted to you to know that someone is out here who is thinking of you and sending you a healing

No more lifting until you are feeling better .....OK?
Unread 01-15-2004, 09:38 AM

ahhh thanks for being there, I'm a wee bit better today, I know I"m not supposed to lift but I live alone and sometimes get fed up and just do it ya know?

Any cystocele sisters out there that can shine some light on this ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2004, 01:08 PM

Gidge,
While I don't have any prolapses (at least that I know of) I do know that when I do too much, lifting, walking, etc I will have alot more pain the next day. Sometimes it hits within a few hours, sometimes not until the next day. I wish I had the answers sweetie. I do have some s
Unread 01-15-2004, 02:12 PM

the hugs never ever go astray so bring 'em on!!!

today is as bad as yesteray at this point, I wasn't too bad this .am but by 11:00am the pain had kicked in bigtime just like before.....bummer....hopefully within a few days it will let up.

's right back at ya sweetie!
Unread 01-16-2004, 06:00 AM

I don't know whether this is a possibility for you, but I just found this out when I went to a new gynecologist who specializes in chronic pelvic pain yesterday. He suggested that maybe I have an incisional hernia. Apparently this can develop when there's an incision and someone overdoes it before they should. My doc also said it could be endometriosis, and I also found out that the reason I had such awful menstrual cramps was because I had adenomyosis (endometriosis inside the uterus). My former doc didn't even tell me about discovering this after the surgery! So now I could have endo, which could be causing my pain. Or maybe a hernia. Sounds like I'm going to have to have laparoscopy, so he can look around. Hate the idea of another surgery, but I also know that I had no problems with recovery after a diagnostic laparoscopy a year before my hysterectomy.

I hope and pray that you'll find a cause of your pain soon. And do take it easy!
Unread 01-16-2004, 01:01 PM

well I feel like I"m back to square one here the pain is so bad I"m nauseated.....feel like I"m sitting on a pointy fence post and last night while I was lying in bed it felt like something was trying to poke through the left side of my vagina......

all from lifting....surely this must mean something to a doc somewhere.....and it was three days ago for god's sake!

I don't miss days like this all I want to do is lie down, which incidentally makes it feel much better

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register