Bad Results and 2nd opinion advice needed - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bad Results and 2nd opinion advice needed Bad Results and 2nd opinion advice needed

Unread 01-15-2004, 02:59 PM
Bad Results and 2nd opinion advice needed

Know that you are among cyber friends who pray an worry about you. We also understand the need for a second opinion. Good Luck with your search.

Ruth S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2004, 08:32 PM

Marie,
A big (((((((hug))))))) for you. I am so sorry. I wish you would not have to go through this! Absolutely, a second opinion is very important. Getting a translator is a very good idea too. Make sure that you do not go to the doctor by yourself--bring someone with you, preferably a translator--to take notes, etc. because shock and fear can get in the way of hearing the doctor's words.

What a wonderful community of women we have on this site! I hope you can get more information about your cancer and the treatment. Everyone told me to take it one day at a time. It was the best advice. Remember that many thoughts and prayers are with you, including mine.

If you need translation of any Dutch words and terms I may be able to help you. I still read Dutch books now and then and I have many Dutch friends.

Monalees
I'm Dutch--I was born in Holland--immigrated to Canada at age 5
TAH/BSO for endometrial and endocervical adenocarcinoma, Dec/02
Unread 01-15-2004, 09:01 PM

Hi Maria

So sorry to read about the issues you are facing. I am Dutch, grew up in the Netherlands, and moved to Canada when I was twenty. I can so understand your need to go back to your motherland for advice, I believe that is exactly what I would want to do too.

If, however, you find that it is not possible for you to go to the States just now, please don't despair! Holland has exellent Hospitals, and I know from following my brothers case, who is also batlling cancer right now, that the treatments are pretty well standard whether you live in Holland or The States.

(My brother has been treated in Dijkzicht Hospital, which you may be familiar with?)
I would love to know where you live in the Netherlands. I grew up in Zeeland, although I am born in The Hague. All the best, and I really hope all turns out for you!

marja
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2004, 12:16 AM

Maria - I don't have any advice - just wanted to send you some big hugs - I think getting the second opinion is the best idea. I have been doing that on a smaller scale with bladder problems that have worsened since my surgery.

Many hugs to you.
Jan
Unread 01-16-2004, 12:54 AM

Maria

I don't have any advice but I will pray for you alot of decisions to be made my prayers will also include helping you along those lines.
Unread 01-16-2004, 09:00 AM
Thanks and many hugs to all of you!

I'm so grateful to all of you for your support.

I had a bad night last night, after a day of emotionless shock I went into hysterical crying at 4 in the morning. I had a couple of stiff drinks and went down to the living room and passed out on my recliner under this huge, blue wool blanket that covered me head to foot. It was kinda funny, I even had my head covered! . The next thing I remember is waking up several hours later as my recliner toppled over on it's back! But I almost slept on! lol I rolled out and pulled the chair up and went back to sleep under my blankie, falling back to sleep and with a faint memory of my dh kissing the blanket before he had left earlier. Poor dh... resorting to kissing a blanket. lol

I think I'm really down about stomas, because they are awful things... but I found a website that even had alot of humor on it about them... I felt better after reading things like... having a stoma is good because you know yourself inside and out... or... you never have to worry about dirty bathrooms again. You can pee standing up! But still, I don't want to do this horrible thing, and not be cured... I guess we all have the dreaded cancerhead fears.

I feel so blessed and am so grateful for your support. I really am alone over here, no friends or family, other than dh. So I'm doubly grateful to you all.

Marja...

I live in Den Haag, your home town. Yes, the doctors are good here... but I want to have a better feeling that I'm doing the right thing..... and we are for sure considering another opinion here from another hospital. The one I go to now is the one in Leiden, it's the medical university... but my Dutch husband (see I'm lucky to have my personal translator) has suggested other hospitals here.

Once again, many many hugs and thanks with tears of gratefullness! Thanks for helping me smile again!
Unread 01-16-2004, 09:19 AM
YOu have a plate full

Just want to offer you a warm hug from Hawaii I cannot help with you second opinions. Wishing you the best recovery. Aloha Ellie
Unread 01-16-2004, 07:49 PM

Hi Maria,

I am sorry you had such a bad night. I remember the middle of the night being the worst for me too. It seems that is when all the scary thoughts creep into your head.

I think the stoma would be rough but worth it. What price is too high to beat this lousy disease. You can do it. You can do whatever it takes to win! I mean you have to be a brave lady. Marrying a man from another country and going there to live with him takes a lot of guts. Ok, I am done being a cheerleader.

I know physically you are over there with only your DH, but spiritually you are not alone. Seriously, I thought about you all day today. We are vaginal cancer sisters!

Take care and check in often OK.

Sharon
Unread 01-16-2004, 07:49 PM

Just want to add that you're in my thoughts and prayers, too, Maria. Gee, I wish this wasn't happening!

Stay positive. Sometimes you have to fight the battle more than once to win it! (Margaret Thatcher).

God bless.
Unread 01-16-2004, 08:18 PM
oh Maria

just read your post and I am so sorry to hear your latest news. it seems so easy for me to type..... you are in my thoughts and prayers... (as you have been since day 1).Please know your honesty and wonderful sense of humor have been a shining light in my own recovery and experience on this board !!!

I am sending MEGA HUGS and good, positive, healing thoughts to you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register