Have you had a rectocele repaired? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Have you had a rectocele repaired? Have you had a rectocele repaired?

Unread 01-15-2004, 05:53 PM
Have you had a rectocele repaired?

I had a TAH/BSO in April of 2003 and today my doctor recommended that I have a rectocele repaired. (It was stage one last December and is now a stage three.) I'm taking stool softeners 6 times a day and he thinks this will only lead to other problems. I'm not really excited about the prospect of more surgery or the recovery time. (He said easily repaired - 40 minutes in surgery, but recovery about six weeks.)

If you have had this type of surgery, would you please let me know how it was and anything else that can ease my mind.

Thanks,
Trish

TAH/BSO with bladder repair
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2004, 07:01 PM

Hi Trish,

I had a tvh with cystocele and rectocele repair on Jan 5 and can happily report I'm doing fine.

I take stool softeners too although didn't today as I had a case of diarrhea yesterday that wiped me out...pardon the pun.

Sitting was hard at first but getting better all the time. A donut pillow helps for sitting on hard furniture.

Best wishes on your decision....keep us posted.

Unread 01-15-2004, 08:18 PM

HI TRISH
WISH I COULD HELP YOU BUT I AM IN THE SAME BOAT AS YOU. I HAD A CYSTOCELE REPAIRED BACK IN OCT. I THOUGHT THAT WAS A VERY HARD SURGERY THEY DIDNT DO THE RECTOCELE REPAIR AT THE TIME, THEY SAID IT WASNT BAD ENOUGH. I HAVE A DR APPT TOMORROW MORNNG TO SEE IF HE WILL NOW FIX IT AS IT IS CAUSING BIG PROBLEMS. THE BIGGEST IS HAVING SEX SOMETIMES I BLEED AND I GET REALLY SORE AND STAY RAW FOR DAYS. SO WE WILL SEE. I WOULD OVE TO HEAR FORM SOME LADIES WHO AS HAD THIS SURGERY DONE AFTER HAVING THERE HYSTERECTOMY'S

HUGS
BRENDA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2004, 09:29 PM

Hi Trish,

I'm just home today from my TVH, TVT and rectocele procedure. I had the rectocele repaired by a colon/rectal surgeon and can honestly say that I have no pain at all from it. He did it from a transanal route...so I was really fearing this the most. The surgeon was very surprised when I told him today that I didn't have any pain at all...in fact, the only pain I have is a "menstrual cramp" type pain and a little pulling pain from the TVT incisions. My perineal area doesn't hurt at all and I have no pain when sittting. I bought a donut pillow but doubt that I will use it at all. Of course, I've chosen soft surfaces to sit on! I have to take stool softeners (surfak in the hospital & colace at home) and they are definitely doing the job because when I started moving my bowels today it was very soft and diarrhea-like...but totally pain free! Talk to your doctor and get as much info as you can. I can honestly say at this point that I'm glad I had all the repairs at once. Good luck!

Shel

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register