Hi Ladies....have not been here for a while.... update | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hi Ladies....have not been here for a while.... update Hi Ladies....have not been here for a while.... update

Unread 01-17-2004, 07:38 AM
Hi Ladies....have not been here for a while.... update

Gosh I do not know where to start! I see a lot of new people, But do rember kim and surferbabe and a few others!
I have my hysterectomy back Dec.1,2000 and have been a mess ever since. I just went through yet another surgery Sept. 9 and 11th at first it started out as a scope then turned into a verticle from the belly button down. this was due to adhesions and they also used seprafilm, then 2 days later emergency surgery i had a hole in my intestines,I also had a resection, then i had infection after infection i was in the hospital for 17 days not fun I also endured many test ctscans, i had a drain put in my butt and so forth. I'm now5 month post-op from 5th surgery and back to having problems again. I'm not eating nausated, pain and it is partial adhesions but the doctor and i believe my gallbladder is acting up. I'm probley going to end up being addmitted again, the doctor does not like whats going on its a never ending battle! My hair is coming out in handfuls !
I belong to a support board called www.bombobeach.com they are a wonderful group. i als applied for SSI. and i have sent stuff to my congressman to get Adhesions recgonized as a known disease we like to call Ard. I suffer daily with this and the depression follows. Some days i'm ok and others like today i awoke in god awful pain. I'm going to take stock in the Hospital LOL! anyways so much has happened! And it looks like the road ahead is not going to be fun!
hugs to all COLETTE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2004, 10:13 AM
hi ladies

Luckylady.

It sure sounds like you have been through so much. I just want to wish you all the best and hope 2004 will be a much better year for you. Keep us updated as to how you are doing.
Unread 01-17-2004, 01:10 PM

Hi (((Colette))) You have been through so much! I was hoping that the reason we hadn't heard from you lately was because you were doing so wonderfully well. I sure know what you mean about wanting to buy stock in the hospital, good one! I'm glad to see you still have your sense of humor about things, it will see us though the tough times.

I hope you don't have to have another surgery, but if you do, I hope it goes smoothly this time and leaves you feeling LOTS better! Hang in there sweetie!
s,
-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2004, 08:56 AM

Oh (((((Collette)))) I was sooooo hoping that you hadn't posted in a while because were finally off this Road.... so sorry to read that it was because you were having even more problems

It sure has been a long Road for you and it sounds like the trip is not over yet. A friend of mine just had her gall bladder removed and she can't believe how great she now feels: her surgery, which was done laparoscopically, was on December 18th and she's back to work (no lifting) and feeling great. Despite still needing a hyst (hers is scheduled in May --- can't believe how long the wait now is, in Canada)... she at least no longer has to contend with the almost constant nauseous feeling. I do hope there isn't another surgery in line for you. But, if there must be one, if you have it done laparoscopically, the recovery might be easier and you might be able to avoid even more adhesions

Kudos to you for writing to your Congressman and trying to get ARD recognized as the monster it is

Sending tons and tons of s your way and hoping and praying that you will, very soon, get off this Road... along with all the other Road Dwellers.
Unread 01-18-2004, 01:55 PM

Colette,
It's good to see you again. I am sorry that it's not under better circumstances. I am sorry that you continue to have problems. For some of us it seems like there is no off ramp. I am sure you know that if you had adhesions before, odds are more surgery = more adhesions. Sigh.

I'm still here too. I did start accupuncture a few weeks ago and have seen some progress, I do have some good days now, but still have many bad days.

Unread 01-18-2004, 05:47 PM

Colette, just wanted to mention that I agree with Kim: more surgery usually means more adhesions. That's why I was saying that, if you absolutely need to have surgery, ask for a lap procedure since it is, apparently, less likely to result in adhesion.
Unread 01-19-2004, 02:55 PM
Hi the reason for my surgery!

Hello everyone,
I think i need to explain what lead upto my surgery. This quite lengthy but I assure you you will find it interesting!
Last April of 2003 i became very sick I was unable to eat anything, because when I did I was in some really bad pain, well i let it go until I got so bad i could barely stand up on my own 2 feet i was so weak from starving myself. So finally on August 6, 2003 my PCP Internal medicine doctor addmitted me for basicly pain control and nutritiom through an IV I was in for littl over a week! But in that time i had numerous test and a colonoscopy, blood work ctscans to see what my problem was. I knew it was ADHESIONS I told this to my doctor, they sent up a trauma surgeon the plan was is that that following monday i was to have surgery. To have a look around to see what was causing my pain weight loss, unable to eat ect...But something came up and I was sent home on Ensure and liquids until Sept. 9,2003 so i arrived at 9 am ready for my surgery with my General Surgeon . I go to the holding area get prepped, my girlfriend was there with me to hold my hand and her mom and I prayed over the phone to kinda ease the tension.....The weird thing is I had the same bed that i did on April 24,2002...ok good Luck I said!
Well off to surgery I went he did start with a laperascopy but as he put it i was like cement ion there he said he has never seen anything like it so he had to open me up and he put tons of Seprafilm in there took my appendix and cleaned up what he could of the Adhesions and off I went to recovary then up to my room i was in surgery 4 hours.....of course i had my leg massagers and some really nice nurses, the next day i was up and walking...do ok....then on the 11th of Sept i was in so much pain i could not walk so they sent me for x-rays and ctscans and a barium enama which i cried through that it was so painful it took 4 nurses and the tech to get me off the table it was horrible.
they finally got me in the wheel chair and the tech, said, we found something your surgeon is upstairs and will explain>>>>well at this time I was scared to death....I get up to my room and lo and behold he explains to me that my intestine has a perforation thats why the pain and my belly was so ditended I looked 9 months pregnant....My surgeon told me u need emergency surgery right now ....well with in 10 min up came my gurney and my fast ride to the surgery area....I remember tons of nurses and doctors around me and injecting pain meds into it was all so fast and i was crying i was in so much pain...I asked my doctor to not let me die....When i woke up in recoverary i had a Ngtube which was horrible i kept trying to pull it out they kept injecting drugs lol!!!! I was freezing my poor body could not handle the shock for the second time in a row.....so up to my room....the next day out came the tube and i was on nothing for a bit except icechips..then liguids i became very ill my seciond night running a fever , they did blood work my white count was high, potassuim low, so here comes the antibotics. i also had a drain put in my hip that went to my pelvic area ohh painful it gave me a charley horse i could not walk.. well the surgeon then gave me an antiflamitory and i did better with aid to a wheel chair lol my little buldb stayed in for 5 days to drain the fluid in my pelvic area which no infection found...hmmm these doctors were baffled at my infection i was on 3 different antibotics very strong so strong oit made vomit, i got sent home on some i took everyone of them and never was checked again to see if the infection was gone hmmmm!!! I was in there for 17 days. So thats why i was in there and why the surgery. So now its something else or the same thing and a good possiblity i will be back in the hospital again what a bummer this is grrrrr!
hugs to all and thank you for the replies!
Love Colette
Unread 01-19-2004, 07:42 PM
Hugs

Hi Colette:

I remember you from my surgery time back in August 2001. I just wanted to give you and wish you all the best,.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register