decision to make | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators. is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

decision to make decision to make

Thread Tools
Unread 01-18-2004, 07:30 PM
decision to make

Hi, im lindas dil, my fil had a mild heart attack and is in the hospital, the same hospital that linda will be having her surgery.. She is confused on if she should go ahead with the surgery or reschedule it till her hubby is out of the hospital. With all this happening, she is kinda getting nervous about everything, I guess she just needs to talk to the drs tomorrow to know what to do for sure.. She could probably use some encouragement right about now.. I will post tomorrow for her and let you know what she has decided, what do you ladies think she should do?? thanks!

Lindas dil..
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-18-2004, 08:53 PM
decision to make

oh dear! that is a tough one. i don't think i could have my surgery if i knew my dh was in the hospital.for 1 what about both recoveries.she wouldn't be able to help him and vice versa. but she really needs to talk to her dr.tell her our thoughts and prayers are with her. sorry i can't really help.
Unread 01-18-2004, 08:53 PM
decision to make

Hi dil,

Linda and I have been IMing the last week or so. I'm so sorry to hear about her husband. I know she was so ready for this surgery and we've been discussing it back and forth. I would certainly discuss with the dr and find out all she can. Only she can make this decision.

Please tell her for me that I am praying earnestly for her and her hubby. Please keep me posted as to how they are doing.

s and for all of you.

Sponsored Links
Unread 01-18-2004, 09:11 PM
decision to make

I'm so sorry to hear that! I know it takes a lot of mental & physical preparation to get ready for a hysterectomy, but I would really worry about who's gonna help both of them recoup, if they are both down at the same time! If it were me, I would probably wait, but then again...I don't know what type of pain and suffering she is in, either. It's completely up to her, her doc, and her dh...but, I know she'll need some help when she gets home, and if dh is down...he won't be able to help her. Not to mention, recovering quickly is also in your mental state...if she's worrying about dh, I doubt things will go as smoothly as planned. I'll definitely keep your family in my prayers! Hugs to you all...Sour Mug Angel!
Unread 01-18-2004, 10:30 PM
decision to make

You are a very sweet dil to login for your mil.

Very very difficult decision.

Talking w/ dr is a good plan. With all the stress of her DH, now may not be the time to take on added stress by both of them convalescing at the same time.

Thinking of her, her DH, you and your DH.
Unread 01-19-2004, 12:05 AM
Prayers for you!

Personally, I would postpone it. At least until her hubby is stable and out of the hospital. I think that the stress of worrying about her husband would make her recovery more difficult...

I'm not sure why she is having surgery, but unless it is for cancer, it is most likely elective whereas a heart attack (no matter how "mild") is serious business. With good care, he'll recover and then will be a stronger support (and probably a bit more sympathetic!) for her when she does have surgery.

Best wishes...your family is in my prayers,
Unread 01-19-2004, 10:39 AM
Thanks ladies

Thanks for all your responses, I shouldve posted yesterday that my fil is more than stable, he is doing quite well actually, they are still debating on whether is was even a heart attack or just agitation of his heart because he hasnt been taking his medicine and smoking alitte bit, and it couldve just been stress to his heart..

As far as her surgery goes, he is wanting to get out so she can have her surgery cause he wants her to go ahead with it.. If he cant get out, he wants to talk to his dr about going down with her to surgery and being there when she gets out in recovery..

She doesnt care to put it off, but she just doesnt want to go through with the waiting again, she just wants to go ahead and get it over with even though in her spirit, she feels calm about it but the old flesh wants her to feel all nervous again.. If she goes thru with it, its tomorrow morning at 8:00..

Sparklie, she wishes she could get to the puter so she can get on msn and talk to you! I guess I will be her mediator for the time being! Im on the phone with her right now as im typing this..

I will let her know if anyone responds and she really appreciates all you ladies on this board, thank you for your prayers and concern...

Unread 01-19-2004, 11:00 AM
God bless her

Please tell your MIL that we are thinking of the entire family and you all are in our prayers. Please keep us posted and give her a big hug from all her hyster sisters.
Unread 01-19-2004, 11:31 AM
decision to make

Hi Dil,

Once again, please let her know she's in our prayers. Sounds like the surgery might be a go so we'll continue praying for that. If not, then God must have a good reason.

Tell her not to worry...but to feel surrounded by God's love and to feel the warmth of His embrace as He gathers her into His arms.
This will all be over soon and she'll be on her way to recovery.

Take care and keep us posted.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions

Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
From This Forum From Other Forums
7 Replies, Last Reply 06-30-2007, Started By Smilingdolphin
6 Replies, Last Reply 08-19-2004, Started By auntem
7 Replies, Last Reply 02-26-2004, Started By TeenaB
4 Replies, Last Reply 01-08-2004, Started By Gretta
10 Replies, Last Reply 11-15-2003, Started By Livn4God
4 Replies, Last Reply 12-19-2001, Started By endo_chic
8 Replies, Last Reply 10-29-2001, Started By Nanaimo
3 Replies, Last Reply 08-29-2001, Started By dec55em
3 Replies, Last Reply 07-24-2001, Started By LindaP865
4 Replies, Last Reply 02-21-2001, Started By CathieRun
9 Replies, Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives
7 Replies, Prayer Requests for Hyster Sisters
13 Replies, Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives
6 Replies, Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives
1 Reply, No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause
2 Replies, Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives
4 Replies, Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives
5 Replies, Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives
3 Replies, Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives
1 Reply, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)


Hysterectomy News

November 30,2021


HysterSisters Takes On Partner To Manage Continued Growth And Longevity
I have news that is wonderful and exciting! This week’s migration wasn’t a typical migration - from one set ... News Archive


Calendar - Hysterectomies - Birthdays

Request Information

I am a HysterSister


Featured Story - All Stories - Share Yours


Your Hysterectomy Date

CUSTOMIZE Your Browsing  

$vbulletin->featuredvideos is not an array!