Hysterectomy 1/26/04 for Adenomyosis | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy 1/26/04 for Adenomyosis Hysterectomy 1/26/04 for Adenomyosis

Unread 01-19-2004, 02:53 PM
Hysterectomy 1/26/04 for Adenomyosis

I'm new to this website but it was recommended by my ob/gyn. I'm scheduled for a total hysterectomy next Mon. 1/26. I have been diagnosed with adenomyosis by a MRI after going through many other tests. I have dealt with severe pain, heavy periods, etc. etc. for years, never knowing what was up. I just turned 50 so doctor decided a complete would be best because of previous ovarian cysts and previous cervical complications. I'm really hoping that I'm making the right decision. I went to the bookstore today and it seemed that all books were against hysterectomy. (Almost like how we now feel about tonsilectomy.) I did get two opinions on surgery and both were in agreement that this was best for adenomyosis, but I'm still hesitant for some reason. I'm thinking about "no hormones". Any suggestions on herbal alternatives? I have been on an antidepressant anyway for a while and hope that helps with some symptoms. I'd love to hear some positive comments on the after effects of all this. Thanks!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2004, 05:21 PM

Hi sarali,

Welcome to Hyster Sisters!!

While I'm sorry that you are facing surgery, I am glad that your doctor recommended HS and that you posted to introduce yourself. There is a wealth of information here that I believe will answer alot of your questions and concerns. Hyster Sisters is neither pro-hyst nor anti-hyst. We are a group of women supporting each other, as we decide with our doctors what is best for us at this time in our lives.

Have you had a chance to read some of the messages on the No-Hormone Desert Oasis Forum yet? Hyster Sisters also has a resource directory (click onto the link at the top right of this page, under the banner) and you'll find lots of resources to explore there, too:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/lin...n=browse&cid=3

Please also be sure to read the Pre-Op Hints and the Post-Op Hints. They are full of great advice that will help you to prepare for your surgery and recovery.

Also, don’t forget to go back into your control panel and add your surgery date to your profile so you'll be on the calendar and will receive a special greeting from Hyster Sisters.

I hope you'll continue to read and to post any questions that you may have - we'll do our best to help.

's
Unread 01-19-2004, 06:42 PM

Hi Sarali,
I'm curious as to whether or not your Doctor ever suggested Lupron? I too have adeno and was diagnosed in early October and have been receiving the monthly shot ever since. From what I've learned from this wonderful site and from other research, the hysterectomy is the only real cure, and will probably end up with one myself. I also have polycystic ovaries and had cervical "issues"...so I figure I'll be having it all out too!
Best of luck to you with your surgery, I'm sure you will find answers to all of your questions and great suggestions on this site. I think you are in great hands since your docter had the insight to point you here!
Gina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2004, 08:09 PM
Adeno

Hi Sarali,
I am one year post TVH because of Adeno. Before my surgery, I scheduled meetings based on which room based on where I could sit with my heating pad. This site was a great resource for me. Surgery ended up being the last alternative. I did 2 courses of Lupron, Depo Provera, and a trigger point injection to help with the pain. I was lucky that I was at the point in my life where I knew that I didn't want more children. (I can't imagine how hard this decision would be otherwise).

I can't tell you what a difference having this done has made. I actually remember thinking in the recovery room "Wow.. It doesn't hurt". I know this hasn't been everyones' experience but I was blessed that afterwards I was pain free. My GYN told me that she hasn't seen me smile in 3 years..

All I can say is that you know your body best. It took me a year from when she that I needed surgery to when I was ready to schedule surgery and my GYN supported that and helped me find alternatives until I could get my mind/body around this.

Good Luck..
Unread 01-19-2004, 10:50 PM

I found the best book!!! And its how I found this site!!! http://www.happyhysterectomy.com/hys...y-contents.htm
It has helped me tremendously!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register