anyone got info on paraovarian cyst | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

anyone got info on paraovarian cyst anyone got info on paraovarian cyst

Unread 01-19-2004, 09:49 PM
anyone got info on paraovarian cyst

basically a cyst that forms in the tube, not actually the ovary? Only had small piece of info over the phone as my gyn's wife is heading into the theatre for fibroids, but was told my cyst was not on the ovary, was called a paraovarian and forms in the tube.

I did some surfing on the net and found that these are not that common and seem to develop from a small deformation in reproductive organs of children, especially females, whose mother's were exposed to DES (diethylstilbestrol - female osetrogen, syntetic) during early pregnancy. This drug has been linked to cervical dysplasia, some other cancers and rheumatoid arthrtitis.

Not wanting to jump to false conclusions and I haven't yet asked my mum if perhaps she was given this drug, but I found out it was given to women who had difficult previous pregnancy, especially diabetes type condition. I know my mum basically had pre-eclampsia with older sister, I know that I was born a month overdue, very large, ( 12 lbs ) and I have always had painful heavy periods, unable to tolerate birth control pills, had dx of cin ll dysplasia linked to hpv in May 2002 and now this cyst. Younger sister also had terrible periods, has suffered and is still suffering from RA - she's on chemo for it at moment, and has already had hip replacement in her early 30s.

AT this stage I am not even sure if I want to ask my mum this question as it seems as if I might be pointing a finger, and of course, it may not be connected at all, but I also have a daughter and two sons and some of the sites suggest ongoing generational possible problems.

I would like to ask your opinions, knowledge and ideas at this stage. I get back to see my gyn next Thursday 29 and guess he can then give me more info. When I asked him if my path. report was in, he said yes, and nothing too much to worry about... how would you interpret this - as a glass half full or half empty?

Guess I am going all silly and overboard and it could be due to losing ovary and left one not kicking in yet but this site is such a goldmine for info I have a feeling that I will get some useful replies. Thank you again, Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2004, 10:51 PM
anyone got info on paraovarian cyst

Wasn't DES given to women who had suffered previous miscarriages? I have a friend who has had many gyn problems and her two sisters have also. Their mother took DES because she had 2 miscarriages and the doctors thought it would prevent more miscarriages. So they gave it to her as soon as she got pregnant.

If your mom took it, she might not even know what it was. Women were often told to take something to prevent miscarriage without being told what it was. And, of course, doctors didn't know the long term consequences. So, it may not do you any good to ask your mother, but if you do, you can reassure her that she is NOT responsible for anything that has happened. She had NO way of knowing.

With gestational diabetes, very large babies are common. Did they give DES for gestational diabetes? I've never heard that before. I haven't heard of a link between HPV and DES either, but that doesn't mean there isn't one.

If your doctor said there is nothing much to worry about then I would assume there is nothing much to worry about! Perhaps you have something minor, but I don't think he would say that if you have cancer.

I hope this helps!
Janie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register