Michelle 35 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-20-2004, 12:19 PM
Michelle 35

Hi there, just remembered your date for exploratory surgery, I had meant to post a good luck message but am couple of days late now. Want to let you know I'm thinking of you and hope the op provides enough info for you to be able to decide what is best next to you and to hopefully offer some relief at long last.

How are you feeling? If it helps, 9 days post op hip incisions have closed neatly, navel one still has bit of a blood crust and a real technicolour bruise, but not too painful and am able to go without pain relief for longer stretches. I had no vaginal bleeding which was a very welcome surprise! No interest into renewing the world of pads again!

Hope you are taking it easy and feeling not too bad, hugs, Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2004, 09:55 AM
Michelle 35

s everyone.... I am doing great today. Still a little sore but so far no need for the darvocet today ... sitting still with a heating pad does it for me.

My said I could go to work today IF I felt like it. Well I don't feel THAT good Really I am just not up to the stress and I am not lacking for paid time off and my employer is delighted I will be back Monday instead of off for 4 weeks.

I'm staying put!

Now, I do have a question for my fellow road travelers who have dealt with adhesions. How do I keep from getting them this time? I was the perfectly behaved princess after the hyst am shocked that no endo was found but adhesions were. I know the lap is a much less invasive surgery and therefore less scar tissue or hopefully none will form.

I am wondering if there are vitamins/minerals/herbs that can help me out, here. Am I lacking something so that I can heal without the excessive scarring?

I heard the other day from the doctor that talks on Fox and Friends (can't remember his name) that taking an NSAID daily in the lowest dose would help keep inflamation down and decreases risk for breast and other cancers and that most of the major diseases are linked to inflamation. He recommended that all women (who don't have contraindications for doing this) take this daily. I am just wondering if hmmmm, would lessening the inflamation help prevent scar tissue?

I'll be asking my doctor on Friday. Thanks for any input!!!!!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register