HiHoHiHo It's Back to Kindergarten I Go! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

HiHoHiHo It's Back to Kindergarten I Go! HiHoHiHo It's Back to Kindergarten I Go!

Unread 01-20-2004, 06:09 PM
HiHoHiHo It's Back to Kindergarten I Go!

Hi Everyone,
I went to my gyn. today for a check-up before heading back to my kindergarten classroom tomorrow. I haven't worked since Sept. 12 so it will be like my first day of school all over again...a few butterflies are fluttering through my stomach!!! My dr. thinks I am making great progress (surgery for ovarian cancer and 4 rounds of chemo are completed). Wish me luck! Thanks for being so supportive and encouraging!
Luv,
NDB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2004, 07:02 PM

It's so good to hear that you are feeling well enough to go back to work! Good luck with your first day back!
Unread 01-20-2004, 09:59 PM

Dear NDB,

Wow! What a great comeback! (although I can't think of anything tougher than teaching 5 year olds...I spent 30 minutes subbing in a kindergarten and it felt like 30 years!)

Remember, you are now not only a princess, but you are also an example to others of the fact that "cancer is a word, not a sentence", and that there's life on the other side of a cancer diagnosis. Enjoy every minute in that classroom, and let us know tomorrow how things go.

Don't forget to take whatever rest you need to when you get home from school.

Blessings.
Marlene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2004, 07:29 AM
Good luck today!!!

Dear NDB,
Way to go!! I am so happy that you are getting your "normal" life and activities back!! My mom taught kindergarten for 20+ yrs. and I love that age group!! They are so sweet! You really are a great example for others, that cancer is only a word, not a sentence!!!! ( I like that Marlene! ) I pray that you have a wonderful day and enjoy your little ones!

Rhonda
Radical hysterectomy, June 2002, cervical cancer, 1b
Unread 01-21-2004, 07:58 AM

Hi Bunny,,,

Hope you had a wonderful first day of school...I teach Pre-k so I know exactly how you are feeling. It is a germy world out there but be brave!!

When I had my hysterectomy I had to take 5 weeks off (I was ready to go back after 3 weeks, doc wanted 8 weeks and we compromised on 5 weeks). However, I did continue to work all thru my chemo treatments.

I am sure that your little ones will be happy to have their teacher back. The sub, however, will be sad. LOL

Let us know how your day was.
Rosalie
Unread 01-21-2004, 09:13 AM

s NDBunny

Congrats to you!!!
Have fun!

karenann
Unread 01-21-2004, 12:55 PM

Thanks, everyone! I was scheduled to work only half a day today and it went wonderfully well! I am looking forward to working all day, beginning tomorrow! I am armed and ready with antibacterial soap, spray, lotion, etc. The flu situation has subsided but Kindergarteners are definitely little germ machines! It felt great to get back to one of the things I enjoy most...my kids!
NDB
Unread 01-22-2004, 08:21 PM

You sound great, NDB! Congratulations and I'm so glad to hear you're back doing what you really love. I know how happy I was when I started to get back into my "routine", doing the things I loved to do and getting back to "normal".

God bless.
Unread 01-23-2004, 11:29 AM

Hey NDB!

Just wondering how your first days back at work(school) went?

Hope you can rest up this weekend. I'll bet those kids were thrilled to see you again!

Blessings.
Marlene
Unread 01-23-2004, 08:01 PM

Hi NDB...Are you by any chance from the FROZEN North Dakota???...Thought by your username you may be...AndeC

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register