Cystocele, Rectocele & Urethral Polyp Repairs | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cystocele, Rectocele & Urethral Polyp Repairs Cystocele, Rectocele & Urethral Polyp Repairs

Unread 01-21-2004, 01:17 PM
Cystocele, Rectocele & Urethral Polyp Repairs

I am scheduled for the castle on Feb 3rd. Certainly feel I am going thru range of emotions. I have had two previous c-sections. Appreciate all of the words of wisdom regarding the upcoming hysterectomy from all of you. I have ordered the Hyster Guide Book and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival.

I am also very concerned about recovery from the repair of cystocele, rectocele and the removal of polyps from my urethra. Would certainly appreciate hearing from anyone who has had similar repairs.

My Thanks, Kupkake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2004, 09:02 PM
Cystocele, Rectocele & Urethral Polyp Repairs

Hi Kupkake,

Welcome to Hyster Sisters!!

While I'm sorry that you are facing surgery, I am glad that you found HS and posted to introduce yourself. I didn't have exactly the same surgery, but did have a cystocele and a rectocele repair at the same time as a vaginal hyst. In my case, the repairs were more uncomfortable than the actual hyst. I found it pretty hard to sit for quite awhile, and a "donut" pillow was a lifesaver, because you can sit without putting pressure on the area that has been repaired.

I am assuming that your hyst will be done abdominally, but it will probably not be similar to a C-section, since in this case a major organ is being removed. I hope that others who have had C-sections and hysts will see your post and reply with their personal experiences.

I'm glad that you ordered the HS book - I found it very helpful, and handy to have when I needed to know something and didn't feel up to sitting at the computer in those first few days that I was home.

Please be sure to read the Pre-Op Hints and the Post-Op Hints. They are full of great advice that will help you to prepare for your surgery and recovery.

I hope you'll continue to read and to post any questions that you may have - we'll do our best to help.

's
Unread 01-22-2004, 10:04 PM
Cystocele/Rectocele repair

Hi, this is my first time replying in the forum, I've been coming here for a month now checking it out. Kupkake, I am having the same surgery, except for the hyst. on 1/26, and I am in total freak out mode right now! I've barely slept the past few days. I keep hearing about how much this will hurt (and I've had 2 kids and a hyst.) and while my "eye is on the prize", my anxiety level is rising. Try to stay strong. I'll be thinking of you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register