Help, New Member, Hormone Issues | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help, New Member, Hormone Issues Help, New Member, Hormone Issues

Unread 01-21-2004, 01:14 PM
Help, New Member, Hormone Issues

I had a complete hysterectomy on 10/9/03 due to Endo, fibroids, ovarian mass, adhesions, etc and since surgery have been on Vivelle Dot. I started on .1 dosage and two weeks into it started having severe headaches and loud ringing in my ears that were unbearable. I had neither before hysterectomy. I was then switched to .05 dose to see if it corrected the problem. I felt ok but not great for two weeks and then the headaches and ear ringing came back with full force. Except now I have sinus pressure and unbearable teeth and gum pain added to that. I am miserable. Last night did not sleep, woke up with night sweats which I just started having, severe headache, teeth pain and ringing in ears. I am at a loss, the headaches are getting worse and having some visual problems with them. Don't know whether to go up or down on hormones. I looked at the too much and too little list and fall into both. I went out of state to an Endo expert to perform surgery and since I came home my doctor has been less than helpful since she did not do surgery and it takes 3 months to get into a new doctor. I have exhausted my dentist and internist to make sure pain was not from a dental concern or sinus issues and it is not. Can anyone offer advice. My current Gyn does not believe in hormone testing or progesterone once uterus is gone. Again, as I can't get into a new doctor for three months I need to know if anyone else has experienced this and could help me, especially ear ringing and teeth and gum pain. I appreciate any input you have. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2004, 02:24 PM

Yikes, I am sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. I send a to you. You might want to look into a compounding pharmacist and try the bio-identical hormones.

I don't know the link to find a compounding pharmacist in your area, but I am sure another sister here does.

You really need to stress to your current GYN the problems you are having as well. Maybe getting on a list for another dr isn't such a bad idea for you.

Good luck.
Unread 01-21-2004, 04:52 PM

Please let us know what you do find out. I have had a problem with the teeth/gum pain and sinus problems also. It is the most prominent "side effect" of all of this. I have always had sinus problems, but its been immensly worse since my surgery. I have yet to figure out if its too much or not enuf either..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2004, 08:20 AM

Thanks Agent D and Sunsoaker for your replies. I am going into my regular Gynecologist today and if she doesn't help I am going to go to a new doctor. I have decided to also go again to my dentist and then maybe an ENT doctor to check sinuses. I know they won't find anything because I am sure it is due to hormone issues but I will let you know Sunsoaker if they find a cause or something to help.

Agent D, I did find some compounding pharmacy's in Cincinnati and plan on calling them to see if they have any doctors they deal with on a regular basis.

Anyone else out there with the sore gums and teeth, and ringing in the ears let me know what has helped. I did a search from past posts and I know there are a lot of you out there that were dealing with the same issues, so was just wandering if something finally worked for you.
Thanks again for the replies.
Unread 01-22-2004, 03:59 PM
TINNITUS or RINGING/NOISES in the ears

Hi from the UK.Try not to get upset over the tinnitus in your ears,as the more upset you get the louder it gets. I have suffered with it for over 15 years after a severe bout of flu.Last year I had a Hyst + ovaries removed, and the tinnitus went wild.Previous to the big "O",I noticed that it was always worst when I was losing a lot monthly,but was suprised to find that having a HYst did not help either.However,I find that it does definitely "play up" when the patch needs changing.I am on a 100mcg level with a estring vaginally.I did go without a patch for 10days just to see , but my husband decided that I was getting very quiet and "going downhill", so I put a patch back on and I definitely felt the benefit difference ,plus the tinnitus quietened for a while.Some people have tinnitus that will go away, while others have it that never goes,like mine, but sometimes does get quieter.If anyone out there wants any help about tinnitus please let me know.I know it is a terrible thing to endure,like a constant drill in your head but it will seem less important in time.Don't suffer in silence as there are plenty of tinnitus sufferers who will support you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register