Surgery again!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery again!! Surgery again!!

Unread 01-22-2004, 08:52 AM
Surgery again!!

Hello all hystersisters, well had hysterectomy 14 mths. ago and started experiencing pain to the rectal area when peeing, saw my gyny last week and he thinks I have bladder/colon adhesions and suggests doing a lap and if unable to do the surgery that way it means anothe incision, don't know if I can bear that again. Have never had a lap, much pain involved? He also said I could live with the discomfort..Another decision to make, wa s feeling so well,major depression setting in.Anyone else had the same problem? Thanks to anyone who replies. Bertha J>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2004, 09:31 AM
Surgery again!!

Hi ((Bertha)),
I am sorry you experiencing these pain & problems I suffer similar pains....my intestines/bowels are adhered to my Pelvic floor causing me, at times a great deal of pain &
discomfort:-(
My Hyst was 4 yrs ago & I have battled numerous issues with Adhesions since. I had my right Ovary removed via Lap at 12 weeks post, Adhesions had caused a mass & some other issues, but I must say that the surgery was far much easier than the large incision
I also had emergency surgery for total bowel obstructions from Adhesions a few weeks after that.
That surgery was also done, miraculously via Lap! Due to the extensiveness of that surgery & complications I endured afterwards that surgery carried a tough recovery.

Overall tho, for me the difference in surgical pain w/the Lap Vs Laparotomy was a big difference...the Lap being much less painful *whew*
The thing that caused me the most pain was from the CO2 they pump in when performing a Lap so they have a better view. I hung around a few days & caused me quite a lot of back & shoulder pain....walking did help get rid of it faster!

The pain I shared above is something I am left to live with, that along with several other sources of Chronic Pain. Mine is inoperable due to the large risks of causing more damage & Scar Tissue.
If you haven't already, Pls ask your Surgeon about any possible techniques he will be using to deter any further Adhesion formation...unfortunately, more surgery=more adhesions which can mean more pain <sigh> ask questions...there are some very skilled surgeons out there! Their precision & skills allow them much improved results exp in the Adhesions dept....

Good Luck!! I hope all goes well & you'll find yourself feeling better soon

PS~There is some excellent info at the following sites dicussing Adhesion prevevention...thot it might be of some help to you:

www.Adhesions.com

www.Adhesions.org

((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register