here we go again! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

here we go again! here we go again!

Unread 01-22-2004, 11:25 AM
here we go again!

I had my surgery in July for supsected and then confirmed endo/cysts/appendicitis.

I had an uneventful recovery thank goodness. I feel for all the ladies that have complications with just recovering.

I have really enjoyed life for the past 4 monts since recuperating and going back to work and now it looks as if it is starting all over again. For the past several weeks my pain has been starting to come back, I have my left ovary still and was fearful that something might be wrong. Went to the doctor today to find out that I have a bad bladder infection but she also feels something is going on with the ovary and possibly more endo.

My heart is sinking, I told her well if it is the ovary, go ahead and take it out, we tried, I gave it 6 months and if it is causing endo to come back take it out. I assumed that it could be done by just a lap and she frowned and patted my hand and said because of your endo history I can't do it that way.

So, now I am on Keflex for the next 5 days and if the pain in my side is not gone by Monday she wants to schedule an ultrasound and go from there. A little history, I had thermal ablation in Sept 2001 and there was no endo to be seen although it was suspected to be there even then, when I had my surgery in July it was EVERYWHERE!!!!!

I am a little down and out, DBF doesn't understand why they didn't just take it out then, I try to tell him to help me prolong menopause and now he feels as if this is just a way for them to make money off of me and cause me to lose more time away from my job. I feel if it is the ovary and endo it has to come out, I am done with living with pain, its my body and I tried.

Some feedback from princesses in the same situation would be so appreciated!!!!!

jody
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2004, 01:34 PM
here we go again!

Hi Jody,

I know exactly how you feel. My hyst was 4 months ago and have recently formed a cyst on my only ovary which is my left side. In Jan of last year I had a lap for possible endo and found out it was everywhere(stage 4+) and my right ovary was encased in it. I don't know why your dr would not do a lap because it is possible. I had my ovary and endo excised doing it that way. Maybe a second opinion is needed. I would fight for a lap if it was me and ask why not? Just because you have endo history doesn't mean you HAVE to be opened up. As far as the ultrasound goes, endo does not show up on there so that might be a waste a money. Are you taking anything since you still have an ovary? I have been using natural progesterone cream to balance out my hormones and if we are getting cysts we have too much estrogen in our body. I was in so much pain this last month and was seriously thinking about just taking it out but I know that doesn't solve the endo thing and cannot go on hrt due to family history. If you want to get a book to read about the cream you can get it either on Amazon. com or Borders books if you have one in you area. The name is :What your doctor may not tell you about menopause or premenopause, the breakthrough book on natural progesterone cream by John R Lee, MD. It is VERY informative. After I read the book I went back to the dr and told him what I knew and he was surprised and told him htat I did my homework and don't want andy more bcp's, Lupron or Depro shots. I started to exercise this week and up the dosage on the cream and my side is so much better(no pain). Sorry, I'm in one of those moods today where everything is going wrong. I hope this helps some! Take care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register