Mugging of a Sister | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Mugging of a Sister Mugging of a Sister

Unread 01-23-2004, 06:45 AM
Mugging of a Sister

Please keep in your prayers SallyShredder AKA Kristine.
She was a member hear and survived cervical cancer - surgery, radiation and chemo this summer.

2 Nights ago she was mugged outside a bar in Dallas.
It was someone she did not know who wanted money they think.
She was hit twice in the head with a blunt object and left in her car to bleed to death. She has been in critical condition for two days.

Because she is a survivor she managed to call her boyfriend before she passed out. The police arrive and and she is in the hospital recovering. She suffered a hematoma and might need some speach therapy.

I am flying to Dallas to next week to support her. I met her on this website and she helped me greatly through my treatment.
We have been come good friends - even though we have never met.

If anyone would like to respond I will print it out and take your well wishes to her in the hospital.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2004, 07:08 AM
Mugging of a Sister

(((Katie))) Thanks for bringing this here! Please keep us updated on Kristine's progress.

's Kristine! I am so sorry that this has happened to you. Please know that I am keeping you in my 'ers. We all know you to be a survivor--one who will overcome any obstacles in your path. It is that strength that has already brought you this far. You still have challenges ahead of you, and I know you will dig deep inside and find the strength to face those as well.

Lord, we bring to you Kristine. She has been through a terrible experience--one that was potentially life-threatening. It is through Your goodness that she is still with us, but she now faces additional difficulties. Please give her the strength she needs to overcome. Please hold her close to Your loving heart, and let her feel safe and secure.

(((Kristine))) I am sending you positive vibes for a full recovery and a future filled with health and happiness.
Unread 01-23-2004, 07:09 AM
Mugging of a Sister

((( Katiebells )))

Thank you for letting us know. I'm so sorry that such an awful thing happened. I'm so very happy that she managed to call for help. My prayers will be with her for as long as she needs them.

Hang in there ((((( Kristine ))))).

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2004, 07:41 AM
Mugging of a Sister

Dear Katie,
Thanks so much for letting us know! That is really terrible and I am so glad that you are going to be able to be there for her!

Dear Kristine,
I am so sorry that you had this happen to you! You are truely a survivor and I pray that you will overcome this, too. I hope your recovery is going well and that you are soon back home. Let us know how you are doing.

Rhonda
Radical hysterectomy, June 2002, cervical cancer,1b
Unread 01-23-2004, 08:20 AM
Mugging of a Sister

Katiebells,

Thanks for letting us know. I remember Kristine, and my prayers are with her and her loved ones through this ordeal. It is so kind of you to go out and visit her. Please take our thoughts and prayers with you.

Beth
Unread 01-23-2004, 08:33 AM
Mugging of a Sister

Katie, Thank yoo so much for letting us know.
You are a wonderful friend. Please tell Kristine she is in my prayers, for complete healing , both emotional and physical for this terrible thing. Please let us know how she is doing.
Unread 01-23-2004, 09:37 AM
Mugging of a Sister

(((Kristine))): You are in my ers for a complete healing...

(((Katie))): thank you so much for bringing her here; the prayers of so many can go with you to Texas to cheer her spirits and support her healing!

Audrey
Unread 01-23-2004, 10:05 AM
Sad News

Katie, thanks for letting us know about this awful mess. I hope they catch whoever did it and throw the book so hard at him he'll never see the light of day. Adding Kristine to my prayer list. Hey you perp--you mug a Hyster Sister, you mug us all and we're all praying they get you.
Unread 01-23-2004, 10:27 AM
Mugging of a Sister

((((((( Kristine )))))))

I'm so very sorry that you had such an awful experience and hope that whoever did this to you will be found and punished.

You have survived so much, and I will that you will be well on your way to full recovery by the time you read these messages.

(( Katie ))

Thank you for letting us know. Have a safe trip - you're a wonderful friend.

s
Unread 01-23-2004, 02:44 PM
Mugging of a Sister

's to you Katie for letting us know & for caring so much.

's to Kristine. May you recover completely. Ellen said it so well. That perp is dead meat when he strikes a fellow sister.
's to both of you.

Ruth S

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register