I'm Home! I made it!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm Home!  I made it!! I'm Home! I made it!!

Unread 10-17-2000, 09:41 AM
I'm Home! I made it!!

Hello everyone! I am home from the hospital! Total Radical Hysterectomy w/lymph node dissection, appendix removal, etc. Preliminary pathology reports show lymph nodes to be clear - YEAH! Will need radiation to rule out any possible miscroscopic cell growth on vaginal wall (what's left of vagina :-) top portion of vagina also removed). The drainage tubes were removed prior to coming home -- I still have the suprapubic catheter for 2-6 weeks. See onocologist surgeon in two weeks for final reports and trial on catheter. Staples will be removed Monday, the 23rd. Does that hurt??? When a question/concern came up, I would tell the nurses where I received my SUPPORTIVE preop info -- Hystersisters! Thanks to all and my prayers continue to be will you all preop/post-op and on. I will visit again as able. Bye for now,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2000, 12:08 PM
welcome home

Welcome home dear sister!
Remember the rules! Sleep, drink lots of water, sleep, rest, enjoy the quiet time, sleep, and repeat as necessary.
Sending you lots of healing energy.
Oh yes, most importantly come here and ask questions if you are feeling unsure or wondering if you are the only one something is happening to or if "this" is normal. Your sisters will ease your mind.
Pamela aka erratika
Unread 10-17-2000, 12:10 PM
I'm Home! I made it!!

I had my TAH on Sept 28th and had my staples removed on tbe 6th of October. It didn't really hurt, a few twinges is what I felt except one which slipped from him but he got it. Not as bad as I thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2000, 12:49 PM
I'm Home! I made it!!

Welcome home!!! Sounds like great news with your lymph nodes! I'm so happy for such a positive report!

Don't worry about the staples. Mine just pinched a bit but compared to what you have been through it is nothing. Just concentrate right now on getting better. REST, REST, and Rest somemore. The hardest part is behind you now.

Big hugs,
Love KarenB
Unread 10-17-2000, 03:09 PM
Welcome

I am so happy to read that you are home. I hope that your recovery is speedy. The boards are always open, please keep us posted.
Menae
Unread 10-17-2000, 06:31 PM
Welcome Home

And Welcome to Post Op.
About the staples, I sweated the removal of mine all day (I had 22) and had worked myself into a tizzy by the time I finally got to the dr.'s office. I felt only a very very slight tug, no pain at all. I just kept counting the clicks that the removal tool made and it was no trouble at all. I brought all 22 of them home for my 9 yr old daughter to see.

Take care
REST
Unread 10-17-2000, 06:35 PM
I'm Home! I made it!!

Welcome home! I'm glad you got good news on lymph nodes, probably a load off your mind.
Now remember to rest and take things slow.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register