Cervical Carcinoma in Situ | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cervical Carcinoma in Situ Cervical Carcinoma in Situ

Unread 01-24-2004, 03:02 PM
Cervical Carcinoma in Situ

I will be having a TAH on Friday 1/30/04. I had a Leep done on 1/12/04 for Cervial Carcinoma in Situ, and my margins were not clear. So we decided to go forward with the hysterectomy.

To anyone else who might of had the Leep for the same reason...did you bleed much afterwards? I have been in the office 3 times this week for them to stop me for bleeding a lot after the Leep. My cervix does not seem to be healing properly, and they said I will most likley continue to bleed until my hysterectomy. Is this normal? They keep saying that the more abnormal the cells the worse they bleed! That makes me nervous.

I am most conerned that the pathology after the hyster will show that some of the CIS has turned into invasive cancer. I will not feel at ease until I have those results!

Thanks for any advise, and I look forward to getting to know everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2004, 05:00 PM
a very worrying waiting time for you

I am so sorry you will be in this sort of limbo for another week, try not to overdo things, give your body plenty of rest and indulge yourself a bit, splurge on magazines, favourite wine or chocolate.

Bleeding can often be a sign of cervical troubles so having a leep won't have helped except of course to make the diagnosis. Also, avoid any anti-inflammatory meds as they affect bleeding and clotting times and most gyns ask patients to stay off for a week prior to op.

Dysplasia/CIS is a slow growing cancer, so perhaps that will calm your fears a little, and the majority of cervical cancer is dealt with by a hyst.

I didn't have my hyst for abnormal cells so got a shock to get a dx of cin ll, I go for annual smears now and will continue to do, but understand how once you have had a C dx it affects your feelings for further procedures. I have just had a cyst removed and all logic points to it being benign, but that doubting voice in me won't quite relax till I have the path report on Thurs.

If you are finding it impossible to find rest then ask if your own doc can give you some short term medication to help relieve your anxiety. You are in a good place on this site, please keep posting so we know how things are with you, take care, Linda
Unread 01-28-2004, 09:48 PM

Just saw your posting. I am recovering in wk. 3 from a TAH. My diagnosis sounded very similar to yours. And I had to wait for 6 weeks after my cone procedure because my doctor wanted me to heal to get a clear path report on a second cone because the margins were in question-it wasn't clear if the cancer had spread. I bled almost the entire 6 wks. Waiting is the worst and recovery has seemed easier compared to being in that LIMBO! I know how you feel! Don't assume it's bad news. Be good to yourself.
My kids are 9,7, and 18 mths. And the hardest part is not being able to pick up our baby! You'll find ways to snuggle and everyone will adjust. Take the care offered from your friends and family. I'll be thinking of you let me know how it goes!

Janee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2004, 08:12 PM
Good News!

Well I got my pathology results and great news!!!!

There was not invasive cancer found! yeah!

So I am considered cured. A bit of me keeps thinkings "so was the hysto really necessary??", but in reality I know I would of went crazy with the UNKNOWN!! Also, the Carcinoma in situ that was left could of started to turn into invasive cancer....so I know what I did was best!

I am just glad that most of this ordeal is over....all except the healing!
Unread 02-08-2004, 08:27 PM

Woo-Hoo, Angie!

What incredible news! Congratulations!

Now that your brain is able to relax, remember that you are still a brand-new . Rest. Drink plenty of fluids. Follow doctor's orders. It's important that you take this time to heal up properly. And remember to keep your follow-up appointments. It's very important to continue to have regular PAP smears, just to be sure. While vaginal cancer is rare, it does happen, and on a rare occasion, a stray cell from the cervix can stay behind and grow again on the vaginal wall. It's rare, but worth it to keep up the check-ups just for extra insurance.

Take care! Pamper yourself--you deserve it!

Unread 02-09-2004, 07:41 PM

Angie-
Wonderful news! I'm so glad everything looks good. Take good care of yourself as I said healing doesn't seem as bad as the waiting!
Good luck!
Jane

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register