Tummy Tuck too? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tummy Tuck too? Tummy Tuck too?

Unread 01-27-2004, 06:54 PM
Tummy Tuck too?

Hi all,
I am about to have a TAH and am thinking of also having a tummy tuck at that same time. Just figured that since I was gonna be opened from tip to stern may as well. I had a c-section 19 years ago and my tummy has not been the same since. I have what I would turm a folded stomach. I called a plastic surgeon in my area and asked if they ever did this. The receptionist informed me that this is done all the time. I was just wondering if anyone has done this and what the outcome was. Would appreciate any info I can get. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2004, 09:52 PM
Tummy tuck

Hi!

I just saw a plastic surgeon regarding a tummy tuck. Believe it or not, I "don't have enough skin" and I had baby that weighed nearly 11 lbs. with lots of stretch marks. Go figure???!!! I guess all that working out has paid off.

My PS was more than willing to do the two procedures together though. It takes a bit of coordinating to get them together in surgery, but it can and is done quite frequently.

Please research your plastic surgeon very carefully. There are many great ones out there, but not all are wonderful.

All the best to you!
Unread 01-27-2004, 11:42 PM
Tummy Tuck too?

Wonderwoman,
Thank you for your information. I will research things well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2004, 04:50 AM
Tummy Tuck too?

Hi bewildered,

I didn't have a tummy tuck done with my hyst, but there have been several members who did - I did a search (using the link at the top right of this page, under the banner) on the words tummy tuck and found the following list of threads:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sea...der=descending

I hope they will be helpful.

s
Unread 02-01-2004, 01:30 PM
is recovery worse if you have a tummy tuck?

Hi, this would also be helpful to me. I am scheduled to have an abdominal hyst on april 6th, had 3 c-sections, and would like to have a tummy tuck at the same time. I am wondering if anyone can comment on this too. nancie
Unread 02-01-2004, 01:49 PM
Tummy Tuck too?

I'm getting one! have the PS scheduled with the gyn surgeon. They've worked together doing this quite often and their offices are even down the hall from each other! I've had 2 kids and the skin never went back - I can tuck it in like a t-shirt into my jeans - gross. I figure, now or never since I would never think of doing it by itself! So....can't wait to have a nice flat tummy again!
Unread 02-01-2004, 01:53 PM
Tummy Tuck too?

ckshubin,
That sounds wonderful. Do you have your date scheduled yet? Please let me know how things go. This is just about the brightest spot in all of this for me. Thanks for sharing.
Unread 02-01-2004, 02:04 PM
Tummy Tuck too?

Yes, i've got a March 2nd date scheduled. It was actually pretty easy to schedule them both since they work together quite often, he's the only plastic surgeon that has hospital priveledges where i'm at and his surgery days are the same as the gyn. The scheduler for the gyn just called the scheduler for the plastic surgeon, then the called me with the main surgery date, my pre-op dates and it was all done in about 5 minutes. I'm sure it helped that I couldn't do it till March due to hubby's really busy Jan/Feb getting business records together for the CPA's because it's that wonderful tax season time again. So March was the earliest I could do it so that helped (I scheduled it January 15th).

Yes, i'm looking forward to wearing a bikini again! Low rise pants! Cute shorts and short shirts! did I say bikini? My hubby's looking forward to a trip to Victoria's secret with me after i'm recovered as he misses the cute little underwear I used to wear before the kids and heavy periods! I think he's just as excited about it as I am!
Unread 02-01-2004, 03:18 PM
tummy tuck

what does anybody know about risks of infection being increased with having a tummy tuck, and also risks from being under anesthesia.
Unread 02-01-2004, 05:10 PM
Tummy Tuck too?

When I asked my Plastic Surgeon about the risks associated with a tummy tuck he stated that most of the risk in ANY surgery is from the anesthetic - of which i'm going under anyway. So the risk is there anyway. For me, i'll only be under a total of about 2 hours total with both. For my lap I was under for 2 hours then too. I also did very well under anesthesia, no nausea, was completely alert and could tell you everything the doctor told me within 10 minutes of being woken up. In fact, in recovery the nurses just put on a pot of coffee and had friendship bread and asked if I could have a little of both. But I metabolize very quickly - even when I get my teeth worked on I need at least 2 or 3 shots just for a crown because I metabolize it out before they can even finish.

I know at least 3 people who've had a tuck and none of them had any problems. For me my hyst is being done vaginally. laparscopically as the PS wants a nice clean "canvas" with which to work start on.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register